Chapter 5

5.

I started laughing.

"Nice prank."

He looked at me.

"I...am serious."

"No. No way in hell. There's got to be another way for him to stop."

"Well try to come up with one and I'll help you. But I'll still talk with him."

"Okay. Thanks."

"I still...can't believe you though. Out of all people he...."

"Yeah. It's surprising to me how he's YOUR friend. You're such a nice and kind person....and he's the opposite."

"I wonder what's going on in his brain."

"I don't know."

We continued doing our school work and then Sam had to go.

My mom called me to the dining room for dinner.

"So how was school."
My mom asked me.

"Like usual- not much happened."

"So I see you and Sam are friends again."
My dad said.

"Yeah and in thankful for it."

But what I'm not thankful for is Colby.

"Sydney."
My mom said.

"Yeah?"

"Lately you seem really down. Is everything okay?"

No. Nothing is okay. And I can't to anything about it. Except to make my worst enemy love me. Oh heck no that sounds insane.

"What do you mean? Everything is perfectly fine."

"I'm sorry that we didn't move if that's what you're sad for. We wanted to make you happy and you told us to stay."

Not this again. Just leave me alone.

"No. I'm happy we stayed."
I put a fake smile on my face.

My mom and dad looked at me. I was still smiling. If only this was a real smile.

"Alright if you say so."
Said my dad.

Finally. I hate talking about this with my parents. I know that I can tell them anything but they won't do anything but worry and make things worse. It has happened before. We should have moved. Even if I didn't want to and they wanted to and thought that that would make me happy they should have done it. I really don't understand them sometimes.

"I'm full. I'm going to my room."

"Okay honey good night."

"Night mom. Night dad."

I went upstairs to my room and crashed on my bed. I was too tired. Of everything. I wish I didn't have to live this life. But....however bad it is I won't do anything to myself. I promised...

I promised her...

However much it hurts me to live I won't harm myself. Cause it'll just harm her more. There are people who care for me...Well...were.

I got up and opened my closet. I grabbed some clothes off the floor and threw them on the shelfs. My closet is too messy and I don't even bother cleaning it cause it'll get messy again.

After somewhere around five minutes I found the cardboard box. I pulled it out and put it on my bed. The same box...only with a little dust on it.

I opened it and just let the tears stream down my face.

I pulled a picture out with me and my...best friend.

Me and Hailey.

We were smiling so big. We were in the town eating something sweet I believe and smiling. I miss those days...

Then I pulled out my necklace. We used to have those necklaces were she had one half of the heart and I had the other and on it it said "Best friends forever". We were so clichè.

Then after pulling out some clothes and jewelry I found it...

The blade...

The same blade where she hurt herself and...was gone.

The same blade that tore me down.

The same blade that... changed me forever.

Cause it got rid of her.

She was so young. She had her whole life ahead of her.

But she ended it.

You wanna know why?

Because of people...

People like Colby.....