Chapter 3

3.

"Sydney what happened with you!?"

Amanda asked me. She came to pick me up. But she came 15 minutes earlier then she was supposed to...

"Umm....Colby..."

"Again?"

"Yeah.."

"You know you should really do something about it."

"I know it's just..."

I stopped talking and kept eating my breakfast.

"It's just what?"
She asked.

"He told me that if I try to save myself that things will get worse..."

"Don't listen to him."

"I-I...."

I continued eating. The truth is that I'm scared. Scared cause I know what he's capable of. Scared cause I don't want anything worse to happen to me. My life is already horrible I don't need it to be EVEN more horrible.

"Let's go we'll be late."
I said.

I just wanted to change the subject. I don't like talking about Colby. It's horrible. He's horrible..I wish I never talked to him. That why I don't talk with strangers. Well okay cashiers don't count.

I'm just tired. Tired of this life. Tired of this mess. Tired of myself. I missed my chance...and I can't forgive myself.

We got in the car and we were off. Amanda blared some music but honestly it didn't distract me from my thoughts.

How can girls actually like this guy? Cause of his looks? I've never judged anybody by their looks. But he...he's living 2 life's. An innocent and sweet one...which I definitely can't imagine...and a horrible, bad one...

But what was Sam talking about yesterday? Something connected with his past? I don't even know...what could have happened to him?

Amanda stopped the car and that got me out of my thoughts.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"School."

"What is there to think about school?"

"School work."

"You didn't do your homework did you?"

"No I did do it."

"Then whatcha thinking about?"

"I told ya. School"

"The expression on your face says something else.."

What? Am I frowning?

"Let's go."
I said.

We got out of the car and into the school. I lost her somewhere in the crowd but I did find Sam.

"Hey Sam!"

"Hey Sydney!"

"Wanna hang out after school?"

I just want everything to be like before...when I had a lot of friends...and everyday someone was over at my place...and everyday I was happy and positive...and smiling...

"Sure."

He said yes? Omg..

"My place?"

"Like always."

"Okay see ya after school!"

"Bye!"

Honestly I'm surprised that he said yes. He ignored me for so long...
I'm happy. For once in forever...I'm happy.