Carlos: Home

StellaHarding I hope you like it :)
Y/N: Your Name

It was the week before Christmas, and your boyfriend of 4 years, Carlos Sainz, would be coming home for Christmas soon. You had news for him, but little did you know, he also had news for you. You would both be spending Christmas in Madrid, with Carlos' family, and you were quite nervous about this. You had never spent Christmas in Madrid, with his family, and the thought really scared you.

You were knocked out of the train of thought by a knock on the door, and Carlos' mother ordered you to greet the stranger. She was busy in the kitchen, and his dad was also busy decorating the tree, leaving you as the only person free. With shaking hands, you walked over to the wooden door, and pulled the latch open, so the door swung towards you, revealing the stranger lurking behind.

You were met with familiar brown eyes of your lover, Carlos, who quickly took you into his arms. He cradled your body gently, with strands of his hair occasionally brushing the side of your face. You were in shock, you did not expect Carlos to be home this early, he wasn't meant to come home until the 22nd!

You both made your way inside, and settled your stuff in the room you'd be sharing over Christmas. It had a view over Madrid, which looked magnificent at this time of day, the late afternoon sun and orange hues of sunset illuminating the city. You admitted that it was beautiful, however not as beautiful as the man standing right next to you.

You soon made yourselves known to the family, and spent the rest of the afternoon watching Spanish TV with the Sainz family. It was relaxing, and the Christmas spirit was making the mood brighter. You could get used to these surroundings, they felt very homely to you.

The next week rolled around in no time, and before you knew it, you and Carlos were both heading to bed on Christmas Eve. You tried to ignore the sick feeling that was arising in your stomach, and how you couldn't exactly sleep on your side, however you couldn't, and you had to run to the bathroom quickly, to empty the contents of your stomach. Moments later, you felt a reassuring hand on your back, Carlos was rubbing circles into your spine, trying to calm you after the outburst of sickness. He decided to leave it to the morning before finding a cure for the sudden outbreak of sickness, instead leading you back to the bedroom, where you could settle for the night.

Morning soon came around, and Carlos was the first to wake up. He accidentally woke you when waking up though, so you were both awake at an ungodly hour. You decided to look out the window to see the Madrid skyline on Christmas Day. There were little white flakes drifting around in the air, some of them settling on the ground, forming the first signs of snow on Christmas Day. To celebrate this, Carlos slipped one arm around your waist, and another on your cheek, capturing your lips in a sweet chaste kiss. However, he wanted more after this, so started to deepen the kiss. It got to the point where clothes were about to be shed, before you questioned what was going down.

"Hang on Carlos, your parents are next door, they could hear us!"

He shot you a sad expression, before changing into suitable attire, and heading downstairs, to wait for the rest of the Sainz family to greet you. The front room was intricately decorated, and you couldn't wait to spend Christmas Day in such comfort.

An hour later, Carlos' parents came downstairs, and so presents commenced. The Sainz parents treated you very nicely, giving you some makeup gift cards, and some new perfume that you wanted. It was quite expensive, you thought they shouldn't have done any of that for you. You gave them some new Spanish books and some local restaurant gift cards, as you'd heard what they wanted from Carlos.

The 2 of you were now the only people who hadn't given each other gifts, and you were now scared to give your gift. It was a picture of the ultrasound from 3 weeks ago, as you were now 15 weeks pregnant with his child. You'd been together 4 years, so you were ready to become parents, however you were still scared he'd leave you, after all the time that you were together for.

"I guess I'll go first then?" Carlos shrugged, before waking over to in front of the tree. He grabbed both of your hands, and gave you a nervous yet loving expression.

"Y/N, love. These last 4 years have been incredible, I don't know what I'd do without you. You complete me, you are my other half, without you I'm nothing. I'd love for you to spend the rest of your life with me..." he started to say, before kneeling down on one knee, producing a small black box from his pocket, containing a silver ring with a single diamond in the middle. Before he could say the next line, you knew what was coming, and tears started to fall. "y/n, will you marry me?" He asked, before being met with your teary sobs, choking out a soft 'yes'. He grabbed your hand delicately, before placing the ring on your finger. He quickly captured your lips for a kiss, before returning to the sofas.

"Well, I've got some news to share too" you trailed off, before handing Carlos the ultrasound. He almost didn't believe you at first, not believing this was yours. The realisation finally hit, and he took you into yet another hug, almost crushing the bump which was starting to form.

"I can't believe it, I'm gonna be a dad at last!" He rambled out to you, in utter disbelief. He pulled up your top, which covered the tiny bump. He kissed the middle of the bump, which help the mini Sainz.

"Home is where the heart is, and my heart lies with you Carlos."

I enjoyed writing that one, I hope you enjoy reading it too! Requests are open, you can just send me the name of a driver and a situation for them, and I'll write that. Either comment that on a chapter, or message me, I honestly don't mind.
Anyways, until next time, enjoy :)
Zoë :) xx