Carlos: Prizegiving

EmilyJanuzaj I'm sorry it's taken a long time, we've had Christmas holidays and everything! But here we go :)
Y/N: your name

It was the end of season prize giving gala, and you were attending the ceremony with your boyfriend, Carlos Sainz. The Spaniard was up for 'action of the year' for the overtake he performed on Lewis Hamilton in Italy. It was a rainy afternoon, but somehow Carlos manoeuvred his way around Lewis, which made the manoeuvre more impressive. You wanted to be there, to cheer him on, incase he got the award for action of the year. You doubted it, however kept confidence.

You both graced the red carpet, your dark blue dress falling to your feet, hanging loosely off your shoulders. It fitted you really well, and complimented Carlos' navy suit. The paparazzi snapped several pictures of you and him, the flashes of the lenses lighting up the several gemstones on your dress, and several of the crowd looked at you with an expression of adoration. However you were taken, and happily taken too.

After what seemed like forever, you got to walk over to the table you were sharing with the other red bull and Toro Rosso drivers, as well as their significant others. That included Max and Louise, Daniil and Svetlana, Pierre and Helene, and of course, Daniel. He was driving for Ferrari now, however he was still a red bull driver in Carlos' mind, so was allowed on the table.

"Welcome to the FIA prize giving ceremony 2018, we're live from Rotterdam, celebrating the achievements of our wonderful athletes from a variety of motorsports."

You looked up at the stage, excited to see who would be getting awards, and who you could meet. You had met some of the f1 drivers, however hadn't had the chance to meet all of them.

The show went on for around an hour, before you heard the familiar words being said out. "And now it's time for action of the year. Here are the nominees!"

You held his hand right through the video clips, before the announcement finally came through. Whether he'd won or not.

"And the award goes to... CARLOS SAINZ JR!" The presenter said, before Carlos stood up. He kissed you on the cheek, before walking to the stage and claiming the trophy.

Whilst saying his acceptance speech, Daniel turned to face you, and started to talk through the speech. You tried to listen to Carlos, however Daniel had a grip on you, determined to keep your attention on him and only him. You missed most of the speech through the sheer panic running through your mind, unsure as to why Daniel was keeping you away from your boyfriend.

Once the show was over, you went to the afterparty, where you'd get more of a chance to socialise. You felt a little interrogated by Daniel sitting so close to you, and didn't have a chance to talk to any of the others, too busy with their own girlfriends, so had to stay silent for the night, until the afterparty.

Carlos went to get drinks for the 2 of you, joining the queue at the bar. However, Daniel was back as soon as Carlos was gone, and you tensed up a little.

"Hey y/n, I see the boyfriend finally left you. Maybe he'd do that for good, then I'd finally be yours" he said to you, in a very seductive tone. You weren't impressed by his antics, you would never leave Carlos.

"Dan, please don't. You know I'm with Carlos, I'd never leave him." You tried to reply, before he took you into a bone crushing hug. But he didn't stop hugging you, he kept his tight grip on your waist, keeping you stuck to your spot. His eyes had a look of desire in them, and you felt uncomfortable.

"Y/n, you're mine now, always have been" he murmurs to you, lips almost touching. You were thankful that hardly anyone recognised you, because right now, you were not comfortable.

"DANIEL RICCIARDO, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH MY GIRLFRIEND!" You heard Carlos yelling out, before Daniel's grip on your waist softened until he let you go completely. You collapsed into a heap on the floor, a numb feeling taking over your body. The tears were threatening to spill by this point, you were emotionally shaken.

"Oh baby, it's okay, I should have seen it coming. He was the only single one here, and now I know why."

At that point, you started to full on cry, and Carlos took you into a gentle hug. Not like the one Daniel gave you, but much softer, and much more caring. You tucked your head into the crook of Carlos' head, in a bid to calm yourself down. He rubbed circles into the back of your spine, also trying to calm you down, and it worked, as your breathing steadied.

"Oh thank you Carlos, thank you so much. I couldn't take it for much longer, I really couldn't." You said back to him, relieved that he was finally with you.

"Anytime, y/n. I'm just doing what any boyfriend would do."

"I never congratulated you for the award, by the way. I'm so proud of you!" You said to Carlos, before he kissed you on your lips, making you forget about the world around you, and what had just happened.

Hey, I'm back :)
I quite liked this one, and I hope you do too! It's been a little while, however I'm finally back with more one shots.
I'm running out of requests, so can you please request some more one shots. They can be for any driver, I honestly don't mind. Just send me a message or comment on this, I need some more requests :)
Anyways, until next time, enjoy :)
Zoë :) xx