Chapter 23

Amber's p.o.v.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Who's there?" I asked as I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"It's me. Can I come in?" It was Ulquiorra.

"Oh. Yeah." I got out of bed and walked over to the door. I opened it and Ulquiorra walked in. He walked over to the couch and sat down. "What time is it?" I asked while shutting the door.

"It's about half past eleven. We'll be leaving soon so get yourself ready." He said.

"It's almost midnight... I've barely gotten any sleep..." I muttered to myself.

"I know. Sorry about that. Lord Aizen said you have exactly twenty four hours in the world of the living so he wants you back for exactly 12am on Saturday morning. He probably has something planned for wanting you back so early. Anyway, you've got just over half an hour to sort yourself out before we're leaving so go do what you have to." He spoke like he was giving me a command.

"Ok. I'm just going to have a shower so-" He cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

"You'll be getting a gigai when we get there so there's no point in having a shower now." He snapped.

"Hmm. Alright then." I said while still walking into the bathroom. I stayed in there until we had to go. I walked out of the bathroom and Ulquiorra was standing by the door.

"You ready?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I smiled at him as we walked out of my room. "Are you sure it's alright for you to come with me? You don't have to you know."

"What makes you say that?" He asked.

"Well, it's just that ever since yesterday, you haven't seemed that happy about this whole thing. You still don't seem happy. I just thought that you don't want to go to the world of the living, that's all." I said as we walked into the training room.

"No. It's not that. I'll tell you later." Ulquiorra then opened a garganta. We stepped in and walked to the world of the living. By the time we got there, it was midnight.

"So, where do we go for the gigai's?" I asked.

"It's this way. Come along." I followed Ulquiorra until we reached a little shop that didn't look like it belonged there, at the same time, it didn't even look used. We walked in and there was a little girl sitting down.

"Arrancars?" She didn't seem shocked we were there but she sounded shocked.

"We're here for the gigai's. Lord Aizen ordered them." Ulquiorra completely ignored her.

"Boss?" She called into the back of the store. "That 'special order' you mentioned before, someone's here to pick it up." Then someone else walked out from the back of the store. He was wearing a brown coat with a white diamond pattern around the bottom of it, a dark green shirt underneath, wooden sandals and a striped dark green and white bucket hat, he had long, dirty blonde hair which parted under his hat.

"Ah. So you're the ones who want the gigai's. To be honest with you, I haven't made them perfectly." He laughed.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, I've made them the way Aizen described to me but I haven't included the masks and they're a little bit tight but you should be alright with them. There's a changing room around the back where you can put them on and there should be some clothes there for you too. Do you want to go together or seperately?" He asked.

"Seperately. I'll go first." Ulquiorra then walked over to the shop keeper.

"Alright then. Follow me. Your friend can have a seat with Ururu here." He looked at the girl who we first met and then walked into the back of the shop. Ulquiorra followed him and I sat with Ururu.