chapter 4

Harry and I were standing in an ice cream parlor deciding what we wanted. “I think I’ll take chocolate chip cookie dough,” I decided. Harry smiled down at me, was it strange that I liked how he was taller than me?

        “Can I have a chocolate chip cookie dough and a mint chocolate chip please?” He asked the girl at the counter. She blushed and nodded before scrambling off to get our order. I really couldn’t blame her Harry was…well everything. Just so beautiful and perfect. “You should call your mum and tell her you’ll be home late.”

        “Oh yeah, where are we going?” I asked as he opened the passenger seat for me. I blushed and mumbled a small thanks.

         “It’s a surprise, we’ll be there in about forty minutes,” he smiled at me making his dimples pop out. I nodded and dialed my mum.

          “Hi Niall, are you ok?” She asked immediately

          “Yes mum, I’m very alive.”

          “Good. You never call at this time, what happened?”

          “Just wanted to say I probably won’t be home for dinner tonight.”

          “Where are you going?”

          “Well…” Should I tell her the truth? I decided I should “Harry’s taking me on a date.”

          “Harry? Then you can come back home tomorrow.”

          “OK,” I laughed.

          “Seriously, come back earlier and you’re sleeping on the front door. Get to know every single thing there is about each other. No sex on the first date, you better keep it in your pants.”

           “Mum!” I groaned as Harry laughed besides me “You know he can hear you right?”

           “I know.”

           “Don’t worry Maura you don’t have to worry about that,” He yelled adding “Yet,” a few seconds after.

           “I’d better not and did you know that Niall l-” I knew she was going to say something embarrassing so I cut her off

          “Bye mum love you,” I hung up quickly.

          “I like your mum,” Harry laughed licking his ice cream.

          “Isn’t there a rule that says no ice cream while you’re driving?” I asked licking mine. He grinned at me, flashing me his pearl white teeth.

       “I don’t know…you tell me,” he winked at me. I laughed loudly. We sang along to the songs on the radio and told each other stories until Harry parked his Audi r8. I looked out the window and my eyes widened.

        “The fair!” I exclaimed rushing out of the car.

        “Surprise,” Harry said swinging his hands.

        “You’re such a dork!” I laughed then grabbed his hand and dragged him to the entrance “C’mon!”

        “Someone’s excited,” He grinned at me as I grabbed my wallet to pay the man at the entrance. He grabbed my wallet and put it in his pocket “I’m paying for everything today so you won’t need this.”

        “Oi! You can’t do that!” I complained.

        “Watch me,” He pocked his tongue at me as he paid the man. “C’mon,” he intertwined his fingers with mine and dragged me inside. I took in all the rides and stands. The fair was one of my favorite places to be We wasted no time and went on the rides. I discovered that Harry was afraid of spiders, he loved cotton candy and the fair was one of his favorite places too.