Chapter Two

Okay!! I'm just gonna mention this now for those who don't know! I'm not from America, and I don't know much about America, so... I'm sorry if I get it wrong with it being snowing in New York right now (or simply anything about America wrong in general), but for the sake of this fic, let's just pretend it is. It just seems weird writing a Christmas fic without snow... then again, we don't even get snow where I live round Christmas, instead we get fucking hot New Zealand summer heat.

//\\//\\

Day Two - December 15th

"Come on, Emma." Sebastian sighs, trying to get his daughter to sit still so he can finish doing her hair. "Sweetie, I need to do your hair so we can go out and get a new Christmas tree."

If he's being honest, doing hair isn't really something that Sebastian is very good at doing. Doing hair is something that Chris is better at doing, considering he does have two older sisters, while Sebastian is an only child so he never exactly got any practice in doing hair. But you'd think that with having two daughters he'd be pretty good at doing hair by now, but that's most certainly not the case. At the most all he can really do is a ponytail, and that's it, if the girls want their hair up in something fancy, they've got to ask Chris to do that, most of the time they get Chris to do their hair anyway.

Glancing over at Chris, he sees that Chris has pretty much already finished doing Taissa's hair, and has finished getting her ready to go out. He looks back down at Emma who's sitting in front of him still, pretty set on not cooperating with her mother to get ready to go out. Now Emma is a definite mommy's girl, but she can definitely be pretty stubborn when it comes to getting ready.

"Seb, do you just want me to get Em ready while you get yourself ready?" Chris asks, looking over at Sebastian from where he sat on the couch with Taissa.

Sebastian sighs, looking down at his lap. "Yes please, Chris." He says. "I mean, you are much better at doing hair than I am." He laughs a little, before frowning. "I'm a mother that can't even do his daughter's hair." He sighs, feeling the tears forming. "How pathetic is that?"

Chris sighs, getting up off the couch and walking over to where Sebastian sat on the floor holding a hairbrush in one hand with a couple hair ties round his wrist. Chris definitely doesn't like seeing his husband cry at all. So what Sebastian is useless at doing hair? He never had a younger or older sister to practice on, unlike Chris did, that's not his fault at all.

"Sebastian." Chris sighs, sitting down next to him and wrapping an arm round his waist, as Sebastian rests his head on his shoulder. "It's not your fault at all that you're not very good at doing hair. I'm sure you're not the only mother in existence that isn't very good." Chris assures him.

Nodding, Sebastian wipes the few tears away that have managed to roll down his face. Chris is right, he's surely not the only mother in existence who is terrible at doing hair. But after having two daughters and another on the way, he would've thought that he'd be good at it by now.

"I know." Sebastian sighs. "It's a stupid thing to be upset over. My hormones are just all over the place right now." He says. "But I would've thought that I'd be good at doing hair by now."

"Well, Taissa and Emma are still young. No one would expect you to be a master at it straight away." Chris says. "You've got plenty of time to become a master at it by the time they reach their teen years."

"Hopefully." Sebastian sighs, before handing over the hairbrush and hair ties to Chris. "Here. You finish getting her ready, and I'll go get myself ready." He says, before going to get up, but stops, looking over at Chris sheepishly as he realizes he's going to need some help actually getting up off the floor.