Chapter Four

Day Four - December 17th

"Okay, who wants to make Christmas cookies?" Sebastian asks, walking into the living room where both the girls are sitting on the floor and coloring in in their coloring books.

Taissa and Emma both got to their feet excitedly and ran over to their mother, which brings a smile to Sebastian's face. He absolutely loves baking, and it's always that much more fun and interesting when his girls help him out with it.

"Okay then, you two." He laughs, looking down at them both. "Let's go into the kitchen and get everything ready." He says.

The three of them walk into the kitchen, and Sebastian got out all the ingredients that they'll need to make the cookies, while the girls sit at the table to wait for him to get everything ready. Once everything's out and on the bench, Sebastian turns to look at the girls.

"Okay, who's ready to make cookies?" Sebastian asks, clapping his hands together.

"You're making cookies?" Chris asks, walking into the kitchen and over to the fridge to grab a beer.

Sebastian nods. "I thought it'd be fun for the girls and I to make some right now." He shrugs. "You can help if you want." He suggests.

"Yeah, daddy!" Emma says. "Make cookies with us!"

Chris smiles down at her apologetically. "Sorry, sweetheart." He says. "But daddy's game is on." He then looks over at Sebastian. "Mommy is way better at making cookies than I am anyway."

Well, he's not exactly wrong there. The last time Chris made a batch of cookies, he burnt about half of them. But really that's because he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing at all. It didn't help that Sebastian had suddenly went into heat then also, and Chris's instincts were to take care of his husband, and abandon the cookies he was making for said husband.

It's just a good thing that the girls were at their grandparents for the day when Sebastian had gone into heat. Well, really Chris had to call his mother then and ask if she could take the girls for the day so he could take care of Sebastian. Though, the girls ended up having to stay with their grandparents for the whole week that Sebastian's heat had lasted, as his heat was for some reason too heavy for the girls to be in the same house as their mother.

"Sebastian, don't you remember what happened the last time I made cookies?" Chris asks, looking over at his husband, who's face turns red with embarrassment.

Sebastian looks down at the floor, shuffling round on his feet a little. "Oh, I-I u-uh." He stutters, not wanting to look up at Chris right now.

There's no way that Sebastian thinks that he's going to forget what happened then any time soon. Especially not considering his heat was awfully heavy then, and the girls had to go to their grandparents for a week because of it. Now, Sebastian has had many heavy heats, but he doesn't remember having one as heavy as then.

Though, that's not the only thing Sebastian won't forget about what happened then. Sometime during that week, was when their third daughter was conceived. Neither Chris nor Sebastian were planning on having another kid for another couple years, but there's no way that they wish they weren't having their third daughter now. Though they'll admit that they were hoping for a boy this time round, but just as long as their baby is happy and healthy, then that's all that matters to them.

"Let's not talk ab-about that while the girls are in the room." Sebastian says, resting a hand on his stomach, glancing over at the girls as they sat at the table still, waiting to make the cookies.

"Sounds good." Chris chuckles, opening his bottle of beer and taking a sip. "Alright, I'll be in the living room if you need me." He says, before walking off out of the room.