Finish What You Started

Slight Smut ahead

Around a month later, I was sitting in Hailie's room with her, getting ready. It was the night of Marshall's label 'Shady Records' 15 year celebration joined with his birthday party. Typically, Marshall was at his studio, working whilst myself and Hailie were already getting into the party mood.

"the car's coming for us in half an hour!" I gasped as I glanced at the clock. "shit! I'm not ready!" Hailie hissed as she began rushing to straighten her hair. I grinned, I had done our make up and had curled my hair already while Hailie had been still trying to decide on what to wear.

"what time is daddy getting there?" she asked, spraying like a whole can of spray onto her head. I spluttered as I opened my mouth and tasted the spray. "I think he said about 9" I told her, as I took my dress into her bathroom. "typical, he never likes the get there on time" she scoffed. I laughed, but she was right. I mean, we liked to turn up fashionably late, but not Marshall, he liked to get there when the party was in full swing to try and avoid any attention of any kind. I wasn't going to lie and say I wasn't bummed I wasn't going to arrive with him, but he said he wanted me to accompany Hailie and make sure she was okay. I understood that.

..............

We arrived at the venue around 7.30, and found the hoards of photographers waiting to get their pound of flesh. "you ready?" I sighed, looking out of the window. "I guess so" she sighed back at me. "okay. Let's go..." I said, taking another breath as the greeter opened my door. I smiled at the sharply dressed guy, who gave me a stomach flipping smile, and I climbed out of the car. "thank you" I said to him as I stepped to the side to wait for Hailie. "you're very welcome miss" he winked at me, as Hailie joined us. "have a good evening" he said as Hailie took my arm.

"I'll remember to tell my dad about that" she said to me as we walked toward the red carpet. I giggled as we began hearing shouts of our names from the media stood on the other side of the barriers to us. we posed for photos together for a little while and then made our way inside to the party.

.............

An hour after we had arrived, we'd met up with Erica and were currently busting shapes on the dance floor to the many Shady record signings that had their music currently playing. "what time is Marshall coming?" Erica yelled in my ear as we danced. "soon I think" I shrugged, not knowing what time it was. "I'm sure we'll know when he arrives" I replied rolling my eyes. Erica laughed.

............

I was right, about a half hour after we'd met up with Erica that Marshall arrived. Creating a stir as usual as he'd entered the building. flocks of people had surged towards him, wanting some kind of interaction with him. Hailie had joined some of his guys to see her dad, but Erica and I stayed on the dance floor.

We'd spent most of our night there, besides getting drinks, and we were having a ball. Erica and Hailie were dancing it up with two guys that had joined us at some point. The third was trying to get to grips with me, but I could handle that. Besides, I knew Marshall was watching me, even though he was sat with his guys, with people fluttering around him, mainly girls, I would occasionally catch him looking over.

................

It was about 2am, and most of the guys had left the party, heading out to the numerous after parties that were taking place around the city. Hailie had left an hour ago, having to catch a flight to England for her job. She seemed to be away from home more than ever right now, I mean we were so happy that she was making a name for herself, but Marshall missed her like nothing else. Speaking of Marshall, I hadn't seen him all night. I knew I wouldn't really as there were so many people here who would want to see him, but now most of those people had gone, it was time I found him and had a little time to myself with him.