Chapter Sixty Three

Harry had completely forgotten about the time, and he looked frantically around for a clock, but there was none. "How long do we have?" he asked as Draco jumped to his feet and grabbed his hand again.

"You have a few minutes," Fan answered, showing him her watch that read ten to twelve. "So, I guess this is goodbye?" Her eyes were bright and she fiddled with the cuff of her tunic.

Harry threw his arms around her. "I'm afraid so," he admitted. "Thank you, for everything" he said, tears spilling down his cheeks yet again. This was all happening so fast. "I never could have done this without you. Say goodbye to your Nai Nai for me."

"I will," Fan promised, wiping her eyes and grinning.

The mayor was still ranting about how this couldn't be allowed to happen, and how it was going to unravel their very existence, but the queen was doing a good job of keeping him at bay, and everyone else was ignoring him in favour of waving the boys goodbye.

Harry wished they had more time. He wished he had remembered his true self earlier. He wanted to go back and talk to everyone again, to thank them for everything they had done, but the minutes were ticking away, so he was going to have to be content with the people in front of him now.

He felt a tap on his boot. "It was nice to finally meet you," Bones said from down on the floor, and Harry crouched to give him a kiss on the head.

"You too," he agreed. "Thank you for looking after him." He didn't say it aloud, but he'd come to understand that not a lot of people had been willing to take a chance on Draco Malfoy, preferring to use him instead of help him, and Harry was so glad that Bones hadn't been one of those.

He looked up to see Bobby and Joe stumble to a halt in front of him. "Wait," Joe panted, confusion on his face. "What's all this talk of leaving?"

"Aren't you coming home?" Bobby asked in a hurt tone. "Where are you going?"

"Hang on," said Joe, blinking rapidly as realisation dawned on his face. "Is this him?"

Bobby's attention snapped to look at Draco too, and Harry proudly but a little shyly rubbed his shoulder in affirmation, surprised at how quickly he was becoming used to touching Draco.

"Yes, this is the dream boy," he said.

"He's real," said Bobby in awe.

"He's bloody handsome," countered Joe with a slack jaw, and Harry had to laugh as Draco went pink.

"I dread to think what you told them," he mumbled, but Harry just laughed again and kissed his cheek.

"So, you're going to Halloween Land with him?" Bobby asked sadly, and Harry felt a pang of regret. He knew logically he didn't really know them all that well, but the false memories were still there, lurking underneath his real ones and he still felt extremely sad to realise he would never be able to see his 'best friends' again.

"No," he said softly, taking the time to hug them both. "We're going to the Living Land, it's where we belong."

"Five minutes," Bones warned.

"It's okay," Fan said, stepping up beside Joe and putting her arm around his shoulders. "We'll explain it all afterwards, won't we guys?"

The leprechauns and the pirates and the warrior women all nodded and slapped each other on the back, and Harry swallowed thickly. "Thank you," he said, and Draco echoed him as well.