2-The Kings Cross Station

When I opened my eyes the next morning, I knew I was dreaming. But then I wandered over to my small dresser, opened it, and saw my wand where I must have left it last night.

This is unreal.

In two weeks, I would be going to magic school in a magic place with magic people like magic me.

AAAAH!!

I may never have to see my family again! Just the thought made me dance around my tiny room. It was about 6 by 6 feet wide, and my bed took up half of the space. A four-door dresser was next to my door, but I could also store belongings underneath my loose floorboards at the foot of my bed. There was a mirror next to my dresser, and that was about all that fit into my "room". In fact, I'm pretty sure it used to be a closet before I moved in when I was 1.

Yep, you heard that right. When I was one, both of my parents died in a car crash. According to my aunt and uncle, at least. I never really considered this my home with how I get treated around here. Do the dishes, Harmony. Cook the bacon, Harmony. Sweep the floor, Harmony. Shine my shoes, Harmony. Be nice to your cousins, Harmony.

The last one, though. Why should I be nice to my cousins if they aren't nice to me? Whenever I say "go away," "you're a jerk," or "I hate you, you stupid unicorn turd," to Abby or Petrey, they go running to Uncle Jordan and he makes me apoligize or hug them or something worse. Clean the bathroom, Harmony.

And Petrey, a seven year old male, does not make that easy.

I quickly change into a shirt and shorts, and comb my long red hair. I look in the mirror, and I'm met with my bright green eyes and freckles. I don't have many, and the ones I do have are fading.

I head downstairs, and right away I'm given an order.

"We'd like pancakes this morning, Harmony," Aunt Susan said. That wasn't even an order. It was like she expected me to do it.

"No," I said stubbornly.

Uncle Jordan lowered his newspaper and raised his eyebrows- uh, I mean, brow. It decided to attach in the middle of his face. "Pardon?"

"I mean, no, I was already going to make-"

"She said no, Dad," Abby, who's 11 like me, said.

"No!" I defended. "I meant-"

"She said it again, Dad," Abby said with a smirk.

"No I didn't! Listen, I'll make you your stupid pan-"

Uncle Jordan had gotten up, gripped my arm tightly, and took me into the living room, as if his yelling would sound quieter 10 feet away.

"Hear me out, squirt," he said. "I DON'T TOLERATE THIS KIND OF INSOLENCE FROM FAMILY! AFTER WE GIVE YOU FOOD, GIVE YOU A PLACE TO LIVE, CLOTHES TO WEAR, YOU CAN'T EVEN COOK US SOME DARN PANCAKES!"

"Well, you could lay off the pancakes anyway!" I shouted in response. "And you don't give me food, you give me scraps of yours! You don't give me a place to live, you give me a closet! And you've bought me a piece of clothing every year or so! And I'd rather not be in your family!"

Uncle Jordan was as red as a McIntosh Apple. "You know what, child? You aren't even family! You were dropped off at our doorstep ten years ago! Now go upstairs to your room, and don't come out!"

I stood there in stunned silence. Not my... family?

"Get going!" he yelled, giving me a shove towards the stairs

I stormed up the stairs with tears in my eyes to my cl- er, room. I didn't know why I was crying. I never liked these people anyways, but I was left on their doorstep?

I hated the person who put me on the Smiths' doorstep more than the Smiths themselves. I wondered what was going on in their demented mind when they did that.

I sat on my bed. If these people aren't my family, then who is? Maybe my parents didn't die in a car crash. Maybe they didn't die at all! Looking on the bright side, I got up and stood in front of my mirror, looking at my reflection. I had a big bruise on my arm. I knew I could focus, and make it go away like I've done in the past, but I just wasn't feeling it. Then I inspected the strange scar on the side of my neck that resembled a lightning bolt. Maybe I didn't get this from a car crash, either. I hope to find out soon.

::

Instead of waking up to my normal alarm clock, there was a loud knocking on my door. "Get up, today is the day you leave for a year!"

The sound of my cheerful uncle put me in an instant bad mood, and I knew that my day was ruined for a while.

Wait a minute.

HOGWARTS!

I jumped out of bed, and got dressed into decent clothes. I quickly combed my hair, pulled out my trunk from under my bed, and hopped down the stairs. My owl, still unnamed, was in Hagrid's safe care, and I had stuffed my wand in my trunk. I almost forgot about it.

I jumped down the stairs, and Uncle Jordan greets me with a granola bar. Then, he shoos me to the car.

In the car, it's just Uncle- well, I shouldn't even call him that anymore. It's just Jordan, Mr. Smith, whatever and I, but it was a silent ride to the Kings Cross Station.

When I got out of the vehicle, my "uncle" didn't even come out. In fact, without even saying goodbye, he drove away.

Now, I was on my own.

I got my letter from out of the trunk that I had actually borrowed from "aunt" Susan. I opened it, to check that I was in the right station. I was, and it said Platform nine and three quarters.

Where the heck was that?

I walked by platform nine, and then a bit more to ten.

Whaaat?

"You look lost," a voice said.

I turned around, and behind me was a girl with bushy brown hair. She was short, like me, and looked around my age. "Are you heading to Hogwarts?" she asked me.

"Yeah, actually, how'd you guess?" I said, embarrassed.

"I said, you looked lost. But don't worry. I've seen loads of kids just run through that pole right there," the girl said, pointing to a large, thick pillar in between platform 9 and 10.

"Are you sure?" I said, wondering if the girl was a maniac. But, this was the wizarding world we were headed to, so I guess it made sense.

"Positive," she replied.

"Alright," I said. "Let's do it at the same time."

Grabbing hold of each other, we ran towards the pillar with our trunks.

Hey guys, so there's chapter 2 (!!!) I wonder how many kids didn't get to Hogwarts because they couldn't find the platform. Probably a lot. Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote

-ApollosHalo