Quidditch

AN: Hey readers! If there's anything you would like to see more of, I'm open to suggestions! Should I put in more Remus or Harry fluff? Thanks for reading wether you comment and vote or not! Thanks ChickenPond79 (if you like Doctor Who, check out her stories) and ElisaThompson, I appreciate the comments and votes and support!

Anna woke up early. Too early. She had nightmares. One after another. She dreamt of Lily and James' death, poor Harry and his horrible life, Harry and his friends dying, dreams of Remus being hurt or in trouble or dead, and even Sirius Black. Whenever she thought of Sirius, she felt confused. All evidence pointed to him, but in the back of her mind she would never truly accept that the man who'd always been so kind to her, would be so cruel. Remus seemed convinced though and she wasn't going to bring up such painful things to him.

She tossed and turned, trying to go back to sleep, but her efforts were fruitless. She decided to get ready for the day, even though she had no idea what she could do this early. Her prayers were answered, however, when she stepped out into the hall and saw Oliver Wood rushing down the hall.

Anna grinned, "Hello Oliver! Quidditch practice?" He grinned back with entusiasm, "Yeah, I'm going to whip the team into shape in time for the Gryffindor vs Slytherin tournament!" She held back a giggle. It was funny how pumped he got over quidditch. She played the sport herself when she was a student. James and Sirius talked her into trying out. She hadn't really thought she'd get a spot on the team but, to her surprise, she got to be a chaser, Sirius got to be a beater, James got to be the beloved captain and chaser, and Remus pouted in the crowd next to Peter, Lily, and Molly for being the only one not on the team. He was supportive though.

The memory brought up an idea, "You know Oliver, I could help if you want. A lot of the teams seem to have forgotten the old school moves that we used to do back when I was in Hogwarts and I think that knowing those moves could give you an advantage over those snakes." Oliver seemed to be trying not to explode with excitement, "That would be amazing!" She grabbed her broom from her room and Oliver nearly dragged the poor witch all the way to the quidditch field.

The only time he stopped was to tell some of the already awake players to wake up the others.

When they got there, he passed her some old quidditch gear that would fit her: some elbow pads, knee pads, and a pair of leather gloves. By the time they got there, most of the team weren't present yet, so Oliver told her she could take the time to warm up before the team arrived and Anna grinned evilly at the chance to show off. She gripped her broom and got ready to take off.

The broom Anna held was an old, but timeless, model. Anna didn't care for the fancy new brooms that the stores now sold. She believed that a truly great quidditch player should be able to win on any type of broom. Her feet pushed off the ground and she smiled as the wind whipped the hair, that she had tied into a neat ponytail.

She shot straight up and dropped down. She flipped and went in circles. She began to loose herself and became unaware of her surroundings as she did the complicated twirls and spins and defense maneuvers that she had done over and over again as a teenager until she mastered every move possible.

She sighed and made her way back to the ground, only to find the whole team had been watching in awe. She smirked at their incapability to speak and did a low bow. The team clapped, Fred and George whistled, and Harry seemed surprised. He had seen a couple quidditch photos, but he hadn't really known how good she was until today. She smirked, "And that, boys, is why you should never underestimate a player based on their gender. Am I right Ladies?" She turned to Katie, Alicia, and Angelina Johnson, the only girls on the team. The girls nodded, looking accusingly at some of the boys.