Hagrid's

A/N: First thing's first, I am SO SORRY I didn't update! I had...things to do. Also, I changed up some of the things that happened in Hagrid's hut. I wanted to show a connection between Hermione an her favorite teacher. I love you guys! Thank you so much to everyone who has voted or commented! You rock! I also want to apologize because I got sick when I was finishing it.

Anna ran down to Hagrid's hut, cloak billowing behind her. She got so worried, she turned into her fox form to go faster. When she finally reached the hut, she changed back. Anna dashed through the doors, "Harry, I'm here what's wrong?!" She took in the scene.
Ron looked ill with his head in a bucket, Harry was talking to Hagrid, and Hermione was looking at Ron worriedly. Hermione smiled when her idol entered the room. She'll know what to do, "Profes- Anna! That idiot, Malfoy, made fun of me and when Ron tried to cast a spell on him it backfired."
Anna sighed, "I told you to get a new wand, Ron. I'll she what I can do. May I ask what Draco said?" Ron took his head of the bucket and glared, "He called Hermione a mudblood, the twat." Harry, who still had no idea what a mudblood was, looked at Anna for her reaction. He was surprised to see how angry she was, "I hate that. I used to have the same problem, Hermione. In fact, Lucius Malfoy was the one who did it the most." Hermione's eyes widened, "You're a muggleborn?! What did you do?"
Anna grinned, "I did everything I could to prove I was just as good as any pureblood, if not better. That didn't work though." Hermione looked down, "So they never stopped?" Anna shook her head, "Oh no they did for the most part, but I soon found that I needed to ask for help. One day, a group of the slimiest of Slitherins happened to say it front of my friends and they went ballistic. That was one of the first times I realized how close we really were. I don't think I really saw them angry until then." Harry grinned excitedly, hoping to hear something about his parents, "What did they do?"
Anna turned to him with a smile, "James Potter, the rich, popular, pure-blooded, prankster, ran up and punched Lucius Malfoy right in the nose and yelled, 'Don't ever insult my sister!' And when my other friends found out what happened, they threatened any bully who even dared even look at me funny. Merlin, Harry, they were my family. We did anything for each other. I realized in those days that that was the best method of scaring off bullies: proving to them that you are not alone. Showing that, unlike them, you have real friends who actually care about you and not about what family you come from or how rich you are. You three need to stick together. Trust me, if you do, there won't be a single obstacle you can't overcome."
The trio smiled at each other, but turned serious when Anna returned her attention to Ron as he heaved in the wooden bucket once more, "Alright let's see... eww that's a nasty spell to have bounced back. I can borrow a few things from Professor Snape and you should be good." She turned to Hermione, because she knew the mudblood thing must still bother her, "Draco said the same thing to me at Diagon Alley, remember? If reason won't get to him Hermione, it might do him so good if he got a bloody noise the next time he mutters those words. He obviously doesn't know how powerful that word is. Stand together and don't let anybody push you down. You are the most brilliant and hardworking witch I've met, since my sister. The only reason Draco is so keen on bullying you three is because he knows you are the only three that are capable of taking him down. You guys are destined for greatness, believe it or not, so don't let Draco's words burn into you. They are just words after all. Who cares what he thinks? He can't go five minutes without crying to daddy!" She glanced at Ron's paled, slightly green face, "I better go get what I need for your potion, Ron."
With that, she strode away and Hagrid chuckled as she left, "You've gotta love Anna, don't you? She's such a sweet girl, but the minute you mess with that fox's cubs you better run or those fiery locks just might turn to actual flames!" His chuckles turned into hearty laughter and Hermione smiled, "She's brilliant. I wish she was my aunt." Harry put a hand on her shoulder, while Hagrid simply ruffled her hair in a show of affection, "She likes you Hermione. I don't doubt that you remind Anna of either her sister or herself. You may be as smart as a Ravenclaw or as kind and hard-working as a Hufflepuff, but there's no doubt that true Gryffindor fire burns in your heart. You have the same spark that I saw years ago, in a young Anna Evans." Hermione smiled and, although Hagrid didn't know it, she knew she would always treasure his words.
--With Anna--
Anna found herself in Snape's office in no time, "Severus I need-" "Oh thank Merlin!" She was about to ask why the Slitherin was so relieved when she heard a familiar irritating voice, "There you are Anna! I didn't see you at breakfast this morning! I was afraid I might have to use my impressive wizarding expertise to save you. It's a good thing your okay or someone would have been seriously injured from my powers." Anna crossed her arms and muttered under her breath, "Yeah, you." Severus coughed, "Is there anything you needed Anna?" She nodded, "I need some ingredients for a potion. It seems Ronald Weasley has gotten a nasty spell bounced back onto him. I told him to get a new wand." Severus nodded, "Take what you need." Lockhart smiled 'charmingly', "Are you sure you wouldn't rather have my assistance An-?" She cut him off with a cheeky smile, "Nope! I'm good! See ya, Sev!" The men hadn't even realized that she had been picking up ingredients from the shelves throughout the entire conversation. She waved and dashed out of the room, careful not to drop anything. When were those Weasley's going to prank that idiot already? She supposed it was better for it not to be rushed though. The best tricks always took the longest to prepare.
She stumbled through the door as she tried to carry all of the ingredients at once, "I knew I should've taken a basket! Hagrid, you wouldn't mind fetching me a cauldron would you? Fill it with hot water if you will." Hagrid brought over a small steaming cauldron and the children, apart from Ron, gathered around to watch the professor. She smiled at the two, deciding this would be a great opportunity for them to improve their potion skills, "How about you two help me? You don't have to do anything big, don't worry."
They agreed and began making the potion, occasionally giving orders or asking for things. "Harry pass me the bowl with the blue powder in it. It should be a little sparkly and it smells like Vanilla with a dash of Iron." Harry scanned the ingredients, sniffed the substance cautiously, before passing it to Anna, "This?" She grinned, "That's it! Now Hermione, since you're done cutting the Ethiopian water turnip, why don't you start mixing the yellow liquid in that square, maroon bottle with that silver paste on your left, give to me when it turns reddish orange." Hermione smiled, excited about all of the mysterious ingredients they were using, but she was curious, "Professor, why are we doing this and not the healers or Professor Snape?" Anna laughed a little and nudged the younger witch, "Can't let them have have all the fun, can we? Oh! Are you done already? Splendid! Look at that nice shade of scarlet. Matches my hair!" Everyone laughed and, before they knew it, the brew was completed.
Anna held up a small glass of the potion, sniffing it to make sure it was exactly the way she wanted it, before passing it Ron, "Bottoms up, Ronald! This'll make you right as rain in the time it takes to tie your shoes!" The ginger smiled weakly and chugged the liquid, expecting the worst. To his surprise, it wasn't that bad. It tasted like lime juice and Parmesan cheese, not bad considering how terrible most potions are. He wiped the remaining liquid from his top lip and waited for a second, trying to see if he felt any different, after about ten seconds he grabbed his stomach and for a second he was sure he was going to vomit but the feeling quickly passed and he beamed, "It worked! Thanks professor!" She waved him of and put a hand on Hermione and Harry's shoulders, "Thank your friends, they were a real help."
She gathered all of the remaining ingredients, "Now I've got to go back to Sev and return all these." Hagrid held up a finger, "Hold on! I think I've got a nice little basket right....Ah ha! Here it is! This should do just nicely." Anna shook her head, "That's alright, Hagrid." Hagrid smiled earnestly, "Take it! Besides, it'll give me a chance of seeing you again. You're always a joy to have." Anna felt touched, "Alright Hagrid, see you soon. Maybe you can show me how to cook that vegetable soup you cooked last time I was here." Hagrid nodded, his amber eyes glowing warmly, "Aye, and you can show me how to cook those brownies you make. I still can't get them right!" She giggled, "Deal! Hermione, Ron, Harry, are coming with me or are you staying with Hagrid?" Harry shrugged, "I think we'll stay with Hagrid until lunch. That's not too long."
Anna walked into Severus's class room. Snape looked up, "Did you already finish?" She nodded, "Harry and Hermione helped me. Sorry about leaving you with Gilderoy." He mock glared, "You should be, I had to threaten his life to get him to leave." She waved him off, "Oh please, Severus. You and I both know you enjoyed threatening the moron. Besides, I have a feeling the he will suddenly run into a string of bad luck fairly soon." The potions master raised a suspicious eyebrow and the edges of his lips turned upward, "A feeling, eh?" She feigned innocence, "Yep." He sighed in exasperation, "What on Earth are you planning, Anna? Another one of your schemes?" She gasped and out her hand over her heart melodramatically, "Why Severus! I resent the accusation! I am a teacher now! Nay, I'm an adult! You really think I'd be so incredibly childish as to conspire against a fellow co-worker just because he's a little too moronic and pretentious for his own good?" The Slytherin looked her up and replied in a dry tone, "Yes." She chuckled, "You know me too well, Severus." He nodded, "Frighteningly so. I should probably be worried. Being around you and your odd mind would make anyone mad." His playful tone was clear and she played along, "Yeah, well I'm surprised I haven't become a right old grump with you around Mr. Crankypants." She strolled to the door, "Toodles!"
She skipped away until she came across the twins, talking in hush tones. "It's the perfect plan and-" Anna put on her best McGonagall imitation, "Perfect plan for what, Mr. Weasley? I do hope you aren't planning to do anything foolish." They spun around and sighed in relief when they saw the laughing professor, "Anna! Great news! The plan is ready and we are going to do it at lunch time. It's going to be hilarious." She grinned, "Really? It's all ready?" They nodded and her smile got even bigger, "Well then, let the games begin!"