What Family is For

AN: Thanks for all the great feedback! All of you are so sweet! This is the last chapter before we start going by the book again. Thanks for voting on the pairing name for Remus and Anna. If you haven't voted yet, feel free to! I might keep Roony reserved for when they are in animal form.

RENA: 7

REMNA: 1

ROONY: 3

Special shout out to @bobcharles29 and @gErinStyles for coming the closest to figuring out what Severus' gift was! Good job!

Severus picked up the creature by the scruff and arched an eyebrow, "You thought I would like a kitten." She shrugged, "I think you get lonely sometimes. I don't think you'll admit to liking it, but I think you'll learn to love him if you just gave him a chance. Put him down, let him explore!" The Slytherin sighed and rested the cat on his desk and, for the first time, really looked at it. It was black with bright green eyes. Anna had taken the liberty to buy him a green color with a silver disk hanging from the front that only had Severus' name on the back but nothing on the front. The Professor sighed, "I suppose, we should name the thing if I'm going to keep it."

And so the naming game began.

Anna: "How about Gus?"

Sev: "No. How about Tybalt?"

Anna: "The guy that got killed in 'Romeo and Juliet?' No way, this kitten is so sweet! Castiel?"

Sev: "No. Ash?"

Anna: "Hmmm. Nah, I like Jasper."

Sev: "No."

They both paused for a good while, just looking at the kitten as it played with a pen from the desk, attacking it as if it were his prey. Anna suddenly looked at her friend, "How about Loki?" Severus' eyes lit up, "Interesting...the god of mischief in Norse mythology. Fine his name will be Loki."

Anna grinned and with a flash of her wand engraved the silver plate in the kitten's collar with a single word, "Loki." She picked up the kitten and cooed, "He's so cute, Sev!" The man rolled his eyes, "Now, I have to buy litter and food and toys." Anna shook her head, "I got you the self- leaning litter box. All mess gets poofed away. I got a couple toys and a few bags of cat food to get you started. Now, I think I'm going to leave you two to bond for a while, toodles!" She heard him shout his protest the whole way to the door and she giggled. It really was a wonder how he it up with her.

Anna stopped by the headmaster's office and smirked, "Did you get my present?" He chuckled, "I did. I suppose Harry told you about the socks." She grinned, "Yeah." Albus smiled gently, "You know you've done wonders for that boy." Anna shook her head, "He's done more for me." Albus laughed a little, "You're so modest sometimes, my dear, it is astonishing, but I mean it. That boy was so shy when I first saw him and so unsure of himself and he still is, but you have made helped him so much."

The witch scowled, "Well if you had told me in his first year..." The headmaster sighed, "Yes that I almost regret." Anna glared, "Almost?!" He remained calm, "Harry was already dealing with the finding out he was a wizard and Voldemort. I didn't want to pile too much information onto the poor boy."Anna calmed herself, "Perhaps...you're right. Maybe it was destiny that I found out about him when I did." Albums nodded and changed the subject, "But enough about the past. How's Severus?"

Anna grinned, "I gave him a kitten for Christmas." The headmaster laughed, "Ah, Anna, I did miss your sense of humor. How is he taking it?" She smirked, "He's trying to hate it, but I think he likes it. He needs it." Albums nodded, "Quite right." She got up, "I better go." "Lemon drop?" She smiled, "You know me well enough to know that I almost never refuse a lemon drop."