29

Nia pov

All I can see is this bright ass light all in my face .... where am I ? Wait I'm supposed to be tracking 

Tre all I remember was that i was walking and then everything went black . Why is everything so bright .

"ms Jackson "

I heard my last name being called but I couldn't answer the person calling me

"Ms Jackson ,  are you awake, can you hear me talking to you  "

I slowly began to feel my eyes open to see a lady dressed in what seem like scrubs , a 

nurse . Wait how did I get in the hospital , why the hell am i here .

"Good ms Jackson you are awake , you have a visitor would you like to see him "

"Sure I guess"
I said in a raspy tone

Chresanto walked in the room and hugged me tight

"Damn Nia had me worried I thought you and my little niece were gone for a second "

"Niece ?"
I lifted my cover to see my baby bump was no longer as large as it used to be . At that moment i 

was confused .

"W-Where is she ?"

"don't worry she is  healthy and fine but you still didn't choose a name for her yet" 

Chresanto said 

"well i was thinking of Re'nae "

"I like  Re'nae" 

 "Nia i was really worried about you. When i got the call that you were in the hospital i thought 

the worst , i mean Im glad you and Re'nae are here and healthy but  , you need to let this whole 

tracking Tre down thing go because you put your life and your baby's life in danger and i don't 

want to loose either of you to this shit. Tre is moving on and you should too .  Dad is 

resting in peace and he wouldn't want you to be doing this. everything happens for a reason. "

Damn Chres words hit me deep i guess its really time to throw in the towel on this , I can forgive August for killing my dad but i will never forget it. 

FLASHBACKKKKK

It was May 4th i remember it like yesterday . I was 12 or 13 and I was walking down the block with my cousin Janelle and we were walking to the corner store for a snack or drinks i don't know. Then we saw August  and my Dad standing on a corner talking to each other . At the time August had to be 15 .My friend and i decided to be nosy and try to hear what they were talking about but we couldn't make out everything . Soon after i heard yelling from each other , then the yelling  became quiet after i heard 2 gunshots . I peeped my head out from behind the building that we were standing at and i saw my dad lying on the ground with blood circling around him.    I screamed for my father to wake up as i ran over to him. I touched and shook him . I was too late . He had  a gunshot wound in the heart and in the head . Suddenly a group of people came around trying to pull me a young sobbing teenager off my now bleeding  out rapidly dad , telling me he is gone for good. I could not  believe my eyes , i wanted it to be a dream, i wanted to reverse time , but there was no use , he was really gone. from that day i vowed to find August , never knew it would be this easy , I wanted revenge for my fathers death.

FLASHBACKKK OVER 

I didn't even notice i was crying until i felt arms wrap around my shoulders in a form of comfort. 

"Thanks Chres" i said hugging him 

"No prob- GCO(gets cut off)"

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK 

There stood two police officers along with two security guards standing behind them . 

Nia Jackson, You are under arrest 

Shit Shit Shit they know , i should try to play it off  or should i act clueless

" For what ? "

"The murder of Melvin La Branch II (i forgot if hes the second or 3rd but im too lazy to look it up right now , Btw I'm writing this in history class because my teacher is the most boring fuck ever) "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?"

" I  understand  but i want to see my baby " i said to the officers 

Chres said "don't worry I'll call the lawyer and take care of Re'nae "

"Im not going any fucking where until i see my baby" 

I just had my baby and now im getting arrested . This is too much to handle . 

Sorry for such a late chapter guys i dont know school and basketball take up soooooo much time . I hope ya still love me tho<3