FOUR - The Letter

Roc

I'm annoyed as fuck. I've been taking these stupid exams all day but couldn't concentrate because people were staring like they ain't ever seen a mixed nigga with a busted head and stitches on his jaw. Like, Damn. And if somebody asks me what happened one more gotdamn time...

I'm headed to study hall. Because of exams, that's two hours I gotta sit in that room with Dee. I swear I Don't wanna take her out. Why would I even have shit to say to her?

I shake my head. My momma be bullshittin.

I walk in the room and sit in the back. I pull my headphones out. Right When I was finna put em in, I noticed Dee staring at me. I jump at her

"The hell you staring at me for?" I ask her. She walks over and sits in front of me

"Shut the hell up." She says. She hands me an envelope.

"The fuck is this?" I ask

"Open it when you get home." She says. She turns and walks up to Mr. Hinkie's desk, asks him something, then walks out.

I look down at the royal blue envelope. Why I gotta open it up later tho?

I start opening it and pull a folded piece of paper out.

I open it and see her perfect hand writing.

Dear Chresanto,

Look... I'm sorry for whatever it is you suddenly dislike me for. I really am. And sorry for losing my mind on you. No, I don't mean that apology. You probably already knew.

But on a serious note, I don't like beefing with you but you not about to keep hurting me. I can't take another heart break. I sit up and watch you and Bahja everyday... How do you think that makes me feel? That shit burns. I guess I go so hard on you because I really do care about you and your feelings. I was only looking out for you with her and all your other exes. She ain't what's best and I still say she's playing you but whatever, that ain't my place, I see...

Ok, you hurt me bad. You cut me deep. I miss how things used to be but I don't even think it's possible anymore. You've changed but you can't see it. You went from being my dope ass, goofy, LOYAL, ride or die best friend to a nigga I don't even know. You were like the Bonnie to my Clyde minus the love story so what happened? How did I become a bitch when you were just hollering about how we on life and nothing will come between us? One word, BAHJA. That's why you changed. You switched up, Chres. Even your niggas noticed. You only think about her and you. That's all. That ain't wassup. She like Regular kool aid, a stain that comes off the floor but I was like jail Kool aid, the stain that would stay forever. Whatever tho. It's just memories now.

I don't really know what else to say to you. All I can do is apologize. My mom made me write this so I really didn't have anything to say, as you see.

But whatever, Chresanto. I guess you don't know real from fake. Real= Me. Fake= Bahja. That's the truth.

I love you...

Whatever tho, That shit don't mean anything

Sincerely, DeErra.

I stare at it for a second. I sigh. This shit confusing and frustrating as hell. She bi polar as fuck and she be on some petty shit.

I stuff the letter down in my pocket and stand. I walk up to Mr. Hinkie's desk.

"Can I go to the library?" I ask. "Yes." He says. He gives me a slip. I walk out and down the stairs. I pull my pants up and walk to the gym. Because of exams, they just chillin on the bleachers. I walk up and sit next to Zonnique. She hugs me

"Hey Roc, wassup?" She asks

"Shit. Where Bahja at?" I ask. "Uhhh... She snuck to the gas station across the street." She says

"Aight. Why didn't you go?" I ask

"I didn't feel like it." She quickly says

"Oh, aight. I'll just wait on her then." I say. Her eyes kinda widen

"Ok..." She says. "You good? Why you so jumpy?" I ask. "Oh, Nothing..." She says. I put my headphones in and lean back.

Dee

I did not wanna give him that letter. It was a waste of time, energy, paper, thoughts, and ink. It ain't like he actually give a damn.

I walk in the bathroom and look in the mirror. I take my pigtails down. I grab my bristle brush and brush my long puffy hair up into a ponytail then fold it under. I notice laughter. I look back and smirk. Nasty asses in there tho. These niggas forever getting head in the bathroom. The door opens and Bahja walks out with that same nigga Jason I told Roc about. She jumps When she sees me.

"You ugly as hell." He says to me. Bahja smirks

"You think you a boy so why you in the girls restroom?" She asks. I smirk And text Roc, telling him to come down here.

"Girl, shut up. I see you got your tracks fixed." I say, laughing at myself

"Ahhhh shit... I tore yo ass up." I say, laughing. I shake my head. She walks out, holding his hand. I lean out the restroom and see Chres coming around the corner. Bahja is standing against the wall talking to Jason.

Roc walks over and steps in front of Jason

"Wassup bruh?" He asks. Jason looks him up and down

"Nigga you swellin up. Wassup bruh?" He asks in the "It's whatever" tone.

"Ayy bruh, the fuck you want with my girl?" Roc asks, getting red faced. I know him so well. When his face turns red, he gonna blow up and hit somebody in the jaw or some shit.

Jason chuckles and steps closer

"Nigga it ain't none of that. Get yo pussy ass on bruh!" Jason says. Chres pushes him. And then Bahja ass standing here as if she the shit because her Supposed to be main nigga and her side dick about to scrap over her scandalous ass. That shit ain't cute. See, I woulda jawwed her ass just for doin Chres like that but ayy... I ain't shit.

"The fuck you just say?" He hollers. Some people walk over, watching. I step out the bathroom

Bahja steps between them

"Wait, are yall serious right now? Quit! Baby, you know I ain't going nowhere." She says, hugging Chres

"Fuck outta here." Jason says, turning and walking off

She stares in his eyes.

"Seriously, baby. Don't trip. When I be touring, I turn plenty of dudes down for you and it's the same thing with Jason." She says. His face softens.

I shake my head.

"This mine?" He asks. "Only yours." She says. They start tongue kissing.

I laugh

"Whoowee, how that dick taste Chres?" I mumble, walking by. I said it to where he heard me but in a way he'll be wondering if I said that.

I tell you bout a thot tho. Mm mm mm...

TBC...

15 + Comments

That letter tho?

Drop comments

Read "Ride" and add it to your lists

Follow me

LOOK AT THE MULTIMEDIA