Introduction

(A/N)

(M/N) – Your mom's name

(D/N) – Your dad's name

(YOB/N) – Your older brother's name (If you don't have one, you can make one up.)

(YYS/N) – Your younger sister's name (Again if you don't have one you can make one up.)

Your character will have a younger brother that I named for you, but that's because of personal reasons. If you want you can change his name to something else too, but please, no plagiarisms. Your story and background in this story is my own work, just like Oda's characters from One Piece and One Piece itself are his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Third Person POV)

"Mom! Dad!" You screamed and cried as you held your baby brother and floated away from the currents that hid and protected your home from any oncoming dangers. "Someone! Please! (YOB/N)! (YYS/N)! I can't leave with little protection for Caleb!!" You screamed again sobbing knowing well enough no one can hear you from the other side.

Your home country, Dolda Gåvor in the East Blue, has its own protective barrier against the world. News Coos can come in and deliver the newspaper so that your country knows what goes on throughout the world, but that's about it. Rarely has an outsider ever made it safely there without either someone from the country who has known the currents since birth, or the best navigator in the world leading them through the currents. You knew the currents perfectly well, but the oars fell from the boat as you tried to hold onto your brother and keeping from falling out yourself. You had with you a baby sling and one of those baby bags that held everything you need for a baby, from the diapers and wipes, to the milk, baby food and bib. Your little brother Caleb was in your arms with a pacifier in his mouth. He squirmed a little at all your yelling, but other than that he slept peacefully as though nothing had happened.

You looked at him with tears in your eyes thinking, 'I wish I could be as calm as you right now.'

You looked up at the sea around you watching the waves rock the boat back and forth. You were a devil fruit eater. When you ate it, you knew well enough what it was and ate it of your own free will. { A/N The name of the fruit should be a secret from you readers for now ;) } Luckily you wouldn't be bored to death from just drifting and watching the ocean. You always kept a book with you in Caleb's baby bag when you were watching him while your parents went off to work. For an almost 7-year-old you were pretty smart and not at all oblivious to what was going on in the world at the moment. Your parents always kept you and your siblings well informed the moment you could comprehend and understand things. Your country neither hated Pirates or Marines, as neither side almost never even made it to the island to give them any problems.

As you looked up from your book to stare at the sky you thought about your mom, dad, older brother, and younger sister. Wondering what they think happened to you two and wondering where you two are now. You looked back down at your book feeling the tears starting to form in your eyes.

'This wouldn't have happened had it not been for that small mistake that I had made earlier today,' You thought in your head before going back to reading your book, before you started crying. You knew that if you had started crying you wouldn't be able to stop, and right now you're the only one who can take care of Caleb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi. Thanks for reading the introduction to my first story. To be honest, I've made stories before in my head, but never really wrote them down because I was afraid of the criticism I would get from others. But from encouragement from friends and a few others I finally decided to not only write one down, but post it too. Luffy, Sabo, and Ace won't be in the story for the first two chapters. Sorry, but please be patient and don't worry they will come. I don't plan on ever putting this book on Hiatus, and I'll try to post at least twice a week. So, here's my first ever written Fanfic, I hope you enjoy it.