Jus' Play It Cool

"Baaabyyyy!" Janelle sang as she entered our domicile.

Kyng-who's back was to the door- turned to her then flashed me a heartbroken look then hung her head & shoved her hands into her pockets as she backed away from me.

"Iite P. I'll see ya tomorrow." she called to me faking like she was headed out as Janelle was coming in.

"Oh! Hello Gorgeous." she says trying to seem smooth to Janelle. I could hear the disappointment crackle in her voice. "I'm Kyng. And who might you be?" She slyly continued extending her hand to Janelle who instead of accepting it, raised her own hand to show her wedding band.

"Hello Kyng. I'm married." She shot a smug grin. "But nice to meet you." She noticed me standing silently watching them. My guilt must've caused my face to pale because she looked at me with heavy concern.

"Bae you ok? You look sick..." I felt the room began to spin and my knees weaken.

"I'm gonna be -" I take off into the bathroom as I feel my stomach heave.

I turn on the shower water & grip the toilet bowl just in case. After a couple seconds I feel my stomach calm a bit, I notice the lighter sitting on the edge of the bath tub.

Fuck!

I quickly grab the piece of the blunt & the lighter and hid them in my pocket, then flushed, turned off the shower & washed my hands, drying them on my towel on my way out.

"You ok baby?" Janelle greets me at the bathroom door with a water bottle.

"Yea..." I sigh taking the water bottle & looking past her into the living room.

"Where's Kyng?" I chugged half the water bottle & rub my forehead.

"Oh that girl? She left. Looked like she was crying." Janelle answered. "Who is she?" She cocked her eyebrow as if ready to analyze my answer.

"That's Kyng. The chick I knew in high school. The one I had drinks with last night." I answer.

"And what was she doing here at this hour? I thought you was sick? And why was she crying?" My head swam as she hit me with a barrage of questions.

"I got home & couldn't sleep. She hit me up said she was feeling down about my granny. We had a couple shots & she went to crying about her life." I answered her questions trying to avoid going too deep into detail. She stood there analyzing my face as well as my answer.

"How'd it go after I left?" I ask breaking the heavy silence & changing the subject.

"It was ok." She shrugged as she walked away. "Nothing serious. My feet hurt though."

"Well go get undressed. I'll run you a bath." I offer with the hopes of getting her mind off of the awkward encounter with Kyng.

She yawned as she walked through the bathroom to the bedroom. I followed her stopping at the tub to start the water, plug the drain, pour out the remaning contents of my cup, then poured some relaxing bubble bath & oils. The scent of lavender, vanilla, and berries filled the bathroom as she enters completely naked.

I got up and stepped towards her wrapping my hands around her waist and pulling her into my chest. I lean down just enough to kiss on her neck. She whipped her head back & let out a low moan as I sucked on a sweet spot I'd found. She whimpered when I parted our embrace.

"Come on."

I grabbed her hand and led her to the bubble filled claw foot tub. I licked my lips as I watched her step her pretty perfect feet in. She sighed in relief as her body relaxed, disappearing under the suds. She laid back and closed her eyes.

"Can I have a glass of wine?" she asked eyes still shut.

"Gotcha Babe." I answer as I hop up & head to the kitchen. I grabbed a wine glass and pour it half full of her favorite Merlot then bring it to back to the tub.

"Baby." I whisper. She squints one eye open and peers at me. "I'ma go lay down. I'll see you in the bed. Ok?"

She groaned and nodded in response and I headed to the bedroom. I stepped into the walk in and place my blunts & lighter back into my stash box then I slide out of my shirt & shorts and in between the sheets. I lay facing away from Janelle in the bathroom and play sleep when I hear her enter the room. I feel her wrap an arm around me, nuzzling her face in my back as she got comfortable. I heard her whisper "Night Baby," as sleep takes hold.