What'chu try'na say?

I sent her a text letting her know I'd pulled up and she stuck her head out her door and waved me in. I grabbed two blunts & pocketed them as I got of the car and walked in her apartment.

She was on the couch flipping through YouTube videos on her ps4 a spliff burning in her hand.

"Wdup Dude?" I dapped her as I came in and found a seat in her lazyboy recliner.

"Chillin' bro. Wassup wit you? What took so long? Niggas was waitin'."

"Maaan." I exclaimed as I shook my head a rubbed a hand over my face. "Janelle hit me bruh." I blurt out rubbing the spot where her hand struck my face as Denni's eyes widen in shock.

"WHAT???!!!"

"Yeaman. Shortie slapped the shit outta me bruh." I stated still finding it hard to believe.

"Damn bro! Whatchu do?" She asked as she passed the cone to me.

I took a deep drag of it and held it in. It smelled and tasted like banana & I almost instantly felt a slight buzz as the cannabis began to take effect.

"I left before I caught a charge." I stated on my exhale.

"Nah I mean why she slap you?"

"Because I told her I smoke bro."

"Nigga what?"

"Yea bro. I told her I smoke weed and Shortie flipped the fuck out on me...cussin & yellin & shit. Like I cheated or something." I paused to hit the blunt again before continuing. "I wanted to choke the fuck outta that bitch. That's why I dipped on her ass."

"Damn bro. Whatchu gon do?" She asked as she took a drag.

I shrugged and sighed my response as I pondered that question in my mind. Denni finally settled on Kevin Hart's Funny Little Man before putting out her spliff in the pot leaf shaped ash tray on the coffee table. I pulled a blunt from my pocket and lit it.

"I'll pro'lly get a room at the Hampton for a few nights. Avoid her at all costs...Give her some time to wallow in her guilt & miss me." I thought aloud as space queen filled my lungs.

"Nah man c'mon. You know you can kick it here." Denni exclaimed as she took a pull off the spliff she had in her hand.

"Iono B...you sho? I don't wanna impose-"

"Bruh. You good. No imposition over here. Mi casa es su casa!" She said waving her hand in a welcoming fashion.

"That's wassup. Thanks Bruh. 'Preciate 'cha." We settled back continuing to puff.

"You want somn to drink?" She offered as she raised herself off of the couch headed to her kitchen.

"Shit whatchu got?" I asked.

"I got Pepsi, Mountain Dew, beer, Henny, Paul, Patron, Remy, Absolute, Ciroc.." She stood holding the fridge door open as she listed off the contents.

"Water?" I asked.

"You would want som'n lame." she smacked her lips as she came back in carrying a two coronas and a bottle of Aquafina. She handed me the water bottle and a beer. "Here. You ain't ask for it but you need this."

I nodded as I popped the top on the beer then took a swig.

We chilled for a couple hours watching stand up comedies before my mom called letting me know the family was gathering for at her house for dinner. I invited Denni & informed her that I was going to go back to my place to grab some clothes before heading out.

"You want me to come with you? In case something pop off?" She offered as she followed me to her door.

"Nah I'm cool. Thanks tho." I say as I'm walking out.