I had to

What a long day! We barely took a break, rehearsing almost nonstop, song after song. It is my own fault, though, I suppose. I took a few days off more than I should have or called it a day a lot sooner than I should have due to everything going on in my personal life. Hopefully, the turmoil is soon to be over. I spoke to Lindsey and he told me that he and Olivia are over. It seems like nothing is stopping us from being together now. 

When Karen and I arrive at my house, I see an unfamiliar car. Karen doesn't know to whom it belongs either. 

"Would you like me to come in?" Karen asks. She has things of her own to do, but she still makes me her number one priority. 

"No, I'll be fine. I'm sure Alex wouldn't have just let in anyone." I grab my bag from the backseat, before getting out. "I'll see you tomorrow." I say goodbye to Karen and make my way inside the house. 

Alex appears in front of me right away. "You're back!"

"Yes and I'm happy you're so excited about it." I joke, placing my hand on his shoulder for balance, as I take off my boots. 

"Uh, well... Small talk with Dad's girlfriend isn't my favorite thing to do."

"Excuse me?" My eyes go wide and I almost fall down on the floor, as my knees buckle. 

"Ex-girlfriend, I don't know." Alex shrugs. "She says, there's something she wants to talk to you about."

Great, so she's here to blame it all on me!

"How long has she been here for?"

"Not long, twenty minutes maybe. I said, I had no idea when you'd be back, but apparently she didn't care, saying it's important."

I gulp. Surely... she can't get pregnant anymore, can she? Because what else could be that important?

"Right. I better go to her then." Taking a deep breath, I let go of Alex and enter the family room, plastering on a fake smile. "Olivia. I'm sorry, I made you wait. What brings you here?"

"And I'm sorry that I showed up announced, but..." Shaking her head slightly, she tells me. "I think you should take a seat." I frown, but sit down anyway, crossing my arms, as I stare at her, waiting. "I'm sure you know that Lindsey visited me yesterday."

"I do, he told me about it."

"Yeah, but what he's told you, isn't true. God, I don't know where to start... I feel sick just thinking about it."

"Could you just please, explain what you're talking about?" I ask, my patience is wearing thin.

"Well, Lindsey came to see me and he told me that you and Christian broke up, also, that you would like to give it another chance to your and Lindsey's relationship."

"And that is right." I nod.

"Then... He said, he lied to you, that he didn't actually want to break up with me, yet, he wants you to believe that we are over. You hurt him, you used him, you played with his feelings - that's all from Lindsey. He told me those things and so much more. Truly, he made you out to be a horrible person. Now, his plan is to do the same to you. He'll have you thinking that he's yours and yours alone, while actually, he's just getting back at you. I feel bad about being a part of this game he wants to play, but... I've fallen in love with him." My eyes are brimmed with tears and I couldn't possibly manage to say something even if I wanted to, but I can't break down either, as I turn my head away, cocking it back to stop myself from crying. "Whatever you did to Lindsey, I still don't think you deserve to be treated the way he's planning on doing it. I don't want my man to pretend and have a relationship with another woman either. I wanted to let you know what's really going on, so you don't get hurt. Well, so you don't get hurt more." She tries to sound sympathetic, placing her hand over mine, squeezing gently. "I know Lindsey is going to get mad at me, when he finds out I told you this, but... I had to."

I pull my hand away from underneath hers, bringing it up to my eyes, as tears still escaped, wiping them away quickly. "I, uh... I don't know what to say. He sounded so sincere, when we talked about our future together."

"I'm really sorry, Stevie. I knew it would be painful to hear. Like I said, I know Lindsey and I are getting into an argument over this. I had to leave the house and think, because I genuinely had no idea how to start this conversation. I even had to lie to Lindsey about where I was going." Olivia checked her watch, then quickly stood up. "Oh God, it's well after 7 pm, I should be going. I left Lindsey at my house and he's expecting me soon. I told him, I wouldn't be long and it's been three hours already!"

"What can I say... thank you, I guess. For telling me the truth." I accompany her to the door. "It's better I found out now."

"Even if it's hurtful, I think it is better that you found out now." Olivia nods her head, actually pulling me into a hug. "Goodbye, Stevie." She says and leaves. 

I... I honestly am lost for words.

Later the same evening, Lindsey arrives like he promised he would. I take my time climbing the stairs down, as I then swing the door open, finding him standing on the front step, holding a huge bouquet of roses.

"Hey." He smiles, holding out the flowers for me.

"You can bring them home to Olivia." I tell him and slam the door in his face.