Chapter Twenty-Three

A/N: I just wanted everyone to know how excited I am that I can post pictures and gifs again!! Yaaaaay! Thanks for reading 😙

~~~

I stood there staring at him afraid that if I blinked he would disappear. After I was sure that it was him and not some kind of figment of my imagination, I did what any reasonable, sane person would do.

I ran and jumped on him.

He stumbled a bit but I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck and just breathed in the sweet scent of him.

"Hi," he laughed and I just squeezed harder.

"I'll leave you two alone to have your little moment," I hear my Mom say before she returns to the dining room.

I pulled my face from the crook of his neck and just stared into his eyes. He had scruff on his face from a few days of not shaving. He was wearing a sweater with a leather coat over it and a beanie hat.

His eyes still looked so tired; the stress of the last month clearly evident in his appearance but he smiled genuinely like he didn't have a care in the world.

"How?" I managed to ask as I searched his face.

"Let's go inside and I'll tell you everything.  It's kind of chilly out here," he laughed lightly and I smiled, nodding my head in agreement.

I didn't even realize it was cold.

I released my death grip on him and placed my feet back on the ground. I missed his body against mine immediately but he grabbed my hand as I lead him inside.

We walked into the living room and I sat on the couch. He sat beside me and my mind was going in circles as to how he was actually here.

"So, what happened? How did you get out?" I asked impatiently.

"Yesterday, my lawyer came to see me saying that it was proven that Chelsea was lying. When the Wallace's attorney found this out, he advised the family to drop the charges against me and they thankfully took the advise," he explained.

"How did they figure out Chelsea was lying?" I asked, not that it mattered. I'm just happy this whole thing is over.

"My lawyer said some guy named Daniel recorded Chelsea saying she lied about the claims from that night," he shrugs and my eyes bug out of my head.

"Daniel?" I ask. I can't believe he did that for me. I wonder how the hell he managed to get her to admit it.

I laughed and shook my head just thinking about the shit he probably came up with.

"You know him?"

"Yeah, he's in my AP class and he's the only person I've really confided in through this whole thing," I say and guilt washes over me as I think of the little moment Daniel and I had.

"Oh, well I need to thank that kid. He's the reason I'm not sitting in that cell anymore," he grabs my hand and I can't take it anymore.

"I need to tell you something," I say looking down at our hands intertwined and I let out a long breath.

"What is it?" His brows pinch as he searches my eyes with concern.

"A few days after you got arrested,  me and Daniel hung out and had a little too much to drink. We had a little moment together but nothing happened. I was stupid and scared and I'm sorry," I gather the courage to look up at him after rambling and I can't really read what's going through his mind.

"You didn't have sex?" He asks with a stern voice.

"No! Of course not,"

"Did you kiss?" He asks with a little softer tone.

"He tried to but I stopped him. I should have stopped him way before it got to that point and I'm not sure why I didn't but I don't want to keep anything from you," it feels good to get this off my chest. Even if he is angry at me, it's better than having it hanging over my head.

He deserves to know the truth.

"I'm not happy to hear that but I'm glad you told me the truth and that it didn't go any further than that," he squeezes my hand harder and a huge weight lifts from me.

"You're not mad?" I ask, surprised that he let it go so easily.

"Are you my girlfriend?"

"Yes," I answer confused.

"Do you want to be with this Daniel guy?" He asks.

"No,"

"Ok, then what's the point of being mad? Of course, I don't like hearing that anything happened but it doesn't sound like anything I should be worried about," he states simply and I'm impressed with his maturity.

"Thanks for understanding," I smile.

"No problem, but I should punish you," he grins and I swear I lose my breath a little.

He just laughs at my reaction but I notice his eyes remain dark.

"So, how did you end up here?" I ask, trying to maintain my composure.

"Well, they released me and I went back to my apartment. It was just so quiet, I felt like I was losing my mind after five minutes. Everyone at the school was away for the holiday and there was only one person I really wanted to be with," he grins at me and I get little butterflies in my stomach. "I persuaded one of the teachers to give me your mother's address off your paperwork. I'm a very charming man you know," his smile gets wider.

"That I definitely know," I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Are you staying for the weekend?" My voice sounds a little too giddy.

"If you're inviting me to stay, then yes, I'll stay," he agrees and I notice his expression change. He leans foward and brushes his lips against mine softly.

"I missed these lips," he says against my mouth before roughly separately them with his own. His hands slip into my hair as he pulls me more into the kiss. His tongue glides across my bottom lip and I feel it between my legs.

He pulls aways and I'm left breathless from just the few seconds of contact. I almost forgot what this man can do to me with so little effort.

"We have a lot of making up to do this weekend," he smirks.

Fuck yes we do...

~~~~

A/N: I know you guys love my cliffhangers 😚 I'm sorry it's short but I figured it's better to give you something than nothing. I'll try to update again real soon... the next chapter or two might be the last of this book!

Plead check out my newest book if you haven't yet. It's just starting to get interesting hehe...I changed the name to Crazy, Sexy, Psycho...thanks for reading guys!

~~~