In a galaxy far far away...

{Jedi Order Years}
{2 years before rise of the empire}

"Amara are you alright?" Rita Edmund wondered. Her day at the Jedi temple had finally ended, but when she tried to leave she had noticed that Amara Skywalker had been outside on the steps of the Jedi temple.

Amara and Rita were best friends. They had become so close. So close that they could see with one glance if the other was conflicted.

Rita came over closely seeing Amara's figure. She then hovered over her before taking a seat down next to her.

Amara was looking out towards the sunset, but her eyes were glassy and the tears that were falling couldn't be denied that it was derived from sadness.

Her hair had been growing out slightly, so her face was protected from viewing eyes, since her hair covered her. Still Rita was no fool.

Amara was staring at the sunset over Coruscant when she heard Rita come over to her. Her sniffled quickly stopped and her hands rose to her face to wipe clear the tears.

"Rita! I'm sorry, you scared me." Amara quickly said but she was so flustered. Rita knew what she was trying to do, quickly grabbing Amara's hands.

Rita looked towards her friend seeing that her eyes were bloodshot. The tears stained her face and she seemed so tired.

"What's going on?" Rita wondered holding her best friends hands closely, but Amara didn't want to speak. She shook her head but Rita stopped her.

"Amara speak." Rita tried to calm her waiting patiently.

"Today is the day...my mother was taken from me." Amara breathed in suddenly crying again grabbing Rita in a tight hug. She poured her heart out to Rita. She didn't want to, but she couldn't help herself.

"Amara don't cry-" Rita cooed to her. Amara's glance then looked out to see many people wandering throughout Coruscant, some having entire families, happy, and full of life.

"Why is it always that people walk by me so happy to be with their loved ones, knowing that I have lost mine." Amara huffed laying on Rita's shoulder.

It wasn't fair. The life she lived would never be like those around her. It was all a lie. Her life would always be destined for the worst.

"Amara you are my best friend. You are my family, and you have not lost me. I will not die on you, I promise, it will get better..." Rita sternly said stopping Amara from further speaking. Rita then forced Amara to look at her and no where else.

"You have me!" Rita's hands stayed firmly on Amara's face, not allowing her to even attempt to glance elsewhere.

-

{About 14 years earlier before events A New Hope}

[Rebel base]

The sounds of frantic men yelling through the base stopped everyone's actions. The sights of many then turned to a door looking forward.

"Move! Move! Move! Bring them in quickly! Medical attention is needed! Hurry!" A male voice yelled through the rebel base attempting to find help.