EIGHT

[Yavin 4, Rebel Base]
[Flashback after the council meeting]

After the council meeting Rita had stormed out furious. She wasn't going to allow the council to pretend as if nothing were happening. She was going to fight, and with a team, they were going to win.

But it seems she wasn't the only one with that mindset. Luckily others who wanted to fight, just like her had came out to her, and now with her team she was preparing for the battle.

Rita walked around her room slowly grabbing things to shove in her bag that she would need once on the ship that they planned to take.

Her body ached with pain but, after speaking with a medical droid, she was able to gain methods that would dull the pain for an extended period.

Looking throughout her room afterwards she eventually glanced towards a table to see her lightsaber laying upon it. Cassian must have sat it there after they returned. Breathing out slowly, her hand hovered over it feeling a pull towards it.

Going against the Empire gave her a sort of strength, but at the same time she also felt strange. She soon remembered that because of the seriousness of this mission, that people from her past would probably show up. Just thinking about this person in question made a chill run through Rita.

"Rita..." The rebel remembered the sound of the woman's when she called out. She remembered the way her friend use to smile, and also the way she use to cry when she was upset.

But she also remembered the darkness and anger that loomed her. That alone, frightened her. Her eyes closed beginning to envision her.

"Amara..." Rita's head soon rose, while she looked towards the wall. Her hand soon came out towards the side. She felt the power of the force go through her followed by the sound of her lightsaber rattling on the table.

A feeling of something resting in her palm was soon felt. Glancing down she saw that it was her saber residing in her hand.

Her thumb continued to feel over the button to ignite the blade, and eventually that's exactly what she did hearing the blades familiar sound, and feeling the power of the force surround her.

The last time she felt this power, she was injured. She wasn't strong enough. But that couldn't happened if she faced her past. She needed to be stronger. She looked down saddened, believing that she now couldn't do this.

While this was happening, another person had walked inside the room watching Rita's every move. The figure continued to come close to her, soon reaching out to place their hands on Rita's waist, pulling in.

Rita gasped in fear, now back in reality. Turning around she felt her body against Cassian's as he held her tightly. Her blade was soon shut off.

"You're shaking." He whispered refusing to let her go, continuing to hold her tightly.

Rita's lips parted slightly trying to figure out what to say to him. Turning to now face him, she dropped her saber, now reaching her hands up to hold his face. Her eyes traced all of his features.

"Cassian...Whatever happens on the battlefield, if Amara shows up I- I'm going to have to face her. If that happens, I need you to promise me you will leave me." Rita began, yet Cassian was already shaking his head in denial.

"No. No I'm not leaving you with her. I can't make that promise Rita." He shut her down. Hearing how quick he was to say no upset her even more.

"This is my decision. I'm not asking you. I'm telling you. Leave me. I need to face her alone. I can't do that knowing that you are there watching. I want you somewhere safe away from her. I know her...she's- she's not who she use to be..." Rita's head lowered to lay against Cassian's shoulder.