Chapter 10: Triangular Heart

(A/N:  I've added about 300 words to chapter 9, including a few plot-important tidbits, so check it out again IF YOU DARE!!!)

"Fishy... fishy..."

"Bill, stop squishing Will's face."

"Fishy..."

"I'm so tired that it's actually funny, but stop."

"Keep going with the story!"

"You're not even paying attention!"

"I can multitask!"

"Bill, I will PAY you to let me sleep."

"And I'll pay you to keep going!"

"I will kill you."

"Finish the story first."

"Fiiiiiiiiiiine."

"Fishy."

---------------------------

"Hey," Bill said.

Y/N didn't answer.

"Hey, kid, talk to me.  I'm bored."

Y/N stared right through him, waiting patiently for him to let her wake up again.

"Want to play a game?"

Y/N crossed her arms, still seated in her wheelchair where she'd fallen asleep.  After two more weeks of rehabilitation, during which she'd barely spoken a word to Bill, she'd regained nearly all of her mobility.

Bill sighed heavily.  "Kitten, I'm beginning to think you don't really understand what the Mindscape is all about.  You've had free rein in here for weeks, and you haven't even left your room, much less the Fearamid."

Y/N perked up.  "Wait, I can leave the Fearamid?"

Bill rolled his eye.  "Read.  My.  Figurative.  Lips.  This is a dream world.  You can go literally anywhere."

Y/N sprang out of her wheelchair.  "Why didn't you say so earlier?  Hot dog!  Let's go!"

"I did say so, like a dozen- ugh.  Never mind."  With a snap of his fingers, their surroundings vanished.  Y/N was now standing on the very peak of a snowy mountain, above the clouds, staring in awe at the landscape that stretched as far as she could see.  If it weren't for the colorless sky above them, there would be no visual indication that they were still in the Mindscape.

"It's beautiful," she whispered.

"Eh, I've seen better," Bill said dismissively.

"Why isn't it cold?" she wondered.

"Once again for the idiots in the back, this.  Is.  A.  Dream."

"Oh.  Right."

She stood, Bill floating next to her, watching the clouds shift as the wind tugged at her clothes.  Despite the lack of temperature, she crossed her arms and shivered in a psychological response to the snow.

"Let's go somewhere else," she finally said.

"Ten minutes of the most beautiful scenery in the world and you're already bored," he said dryly.

"Less talking, more snapping.  Chop chop, we don't have all night!"

Bill rolled his eye, but obliged.  A second later, Y/N's suddenly-bare feet were stirring up the sand on the ocean floor.