Chapter 6

Harry's POV

"Harry! Wake up! You're gonna get in trouble!" I felt a hand shaking my shoulder, and I pulled away immediately. My eyes quickly fluttered open and I examined my surroundings. I was in a hospital room, and it was dark. There was moonlight streaming in from the small window on the wall, shining onto someone's face. I blinked a little more and realized with shock that it was my patient, Louis Tomlinson.

I jumped away from him and off of the bed, smoothing down my coat. "Harry?" Louis asked softly. He looked confused as to why I jerked away so quickly from him. I cleared my throat and looked down at my expensive silver watch. It said 2AM. That meant my night shift was about to start.

Why did I let my guard down? I shouldn't have slept in the same bed as him, that was way too close. It was unproffesional and uncalled for.

Although part of me didn't regret it. The fact that Louis, a broken boy with sad blue eyes, let me fall asleep with him, wrapped in his arms, made my heart flutter and my hands sweat. "Louis, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" I begin. The sheets are now tangled around his legs, showing me past his horrid hospital gown. I can see his impossible skinny legs, and I know they're like that because he never does any physical activity, and he must have a high metabolism.

"Why are you apologizing?" He sounded hurt, and it caused me to hurt as well.

"I don't know," I sighed, running my hand through my wild curls. I needed to brush these before I went back to work.

"I knew it wasn't real," Louis whispered to himself, but it was loud enough for me to hear it.

"What wasn't real?" I stepped closer to his bedside, and gulped when he scooted away.

"Nothing. Can I just be alone? My throat hurts and I'm tired." I was a bit confused as he had just slept, but then again heart patients always were tired. "Okay, press the red button if you need me," I mumbled, exiting the room.

Louis's POV

After Harry left, I couldn't help but reflect on what happened before we fell asleep. Fight for me, he had said. And I told him I would. But why should I fight for him when he obviously didn't want anything to do with me? I thought we were starting to get closer.. but then.... I don't know.

And then I decided, to heck with it, what have I got to lose, and pressed my thumb lightly on the red button. It made a slight beep and vibrated against my thumb, making me giggle a little. What I wasn't expecting was Harry to come rushing in, breathing hard and hair wild, and sliding up to me on his fancy boots.

"Are you okay?" Harry breathed, checking all the machines and then my face. I didn't know what to say, he looked so worried. My breath caught in my throat when he placed his hand on my face and leaned in closely. "Louis?" He whispered. It was then I realized that since I wasn't moving, he thought I might be dead or something.

"Harry, I'm fine," I said, and a smile appeared on my face. It felt weird and abnormal to smile, as all I did these days was cry.

Harry shot up, rubbing the back of his neck. I could see there was a tear on his cheek, which caught me completely off guard.

"Louis! I told you to press the red button if you needed me! As in, EMERGENCY!" He shouted, leaning back in again and pulling me into a hug.

"Sorry," I giggled sheepishly. I could feel a tear land on me, so I pushed him back and asked, "Why are you crying?"

"I was worried that you were hurt!" He said, his eyes widening.

"Why were you worried about me?" I asked quietly, looking down at my fingers. My nails were bitten to the nub, and sometimes it bothered me.

"Because I care about you." He stated it like it was obvious, but the sentence made my stomach flip and my heart race.

"But nobody cares about me. My mum didn't, why should you?" I shrugged my shoulders and glared at Harry. At his perfect hair, his green eyes that glowed when he was happy, and at his pink lips that made me want to kiss him.

"I don't know, there's something about you... I can't explain it." he sighed, blushing deeply. It brought a blush to my cheeks as well, and we finally looked up at each other. We stayed there for like two minutes, smiling at each other like fools with our cheeks flushed. Then the door opened and broke the moment, and I smiled when I saw it was Nurse Ella and Ally.

"All she could talk about was you and Harry." Ella smiled and rubbed the back of Ally's head, sending her closer to us. "And so we thought we might as well let her visit you." I nodded and it caused my head to throb.

"What are you doing up at two in the morning sweetie?" I asked, giving her a quick hug.

"I couldn't sleep." I could see she was still holding that pink teddy bear, clutching it tightly to her chest.

"Who's this?" I mumbled, running my hand across the stuffed animal.

"It's Larry." She smiled softly and kissed the bear on the ear.

"Why'd you name it that?" I smiled, scrunching up my nose and grabbing a strand of her thin blonde hair.

"Because, I love you and Harry, and so I combined your names together. Larry." She giggled a little as I ran my fingers through her hair. Hm. Larry.

"I like it," Harry said from behind her as he joined us. I blushed a little as he kneeled down next to me and placed his hand over mine, which was hidden under the thin white hospital sheets. I sent him a confused look and he ignored me and listened to Ally, who was telling us a story about how she got the teddy bear.

"..so she threw the ring around the bottle and she won this!" She laughed, and I could see she had a little dimple on her cheek. Just as I was about to reach out and poke it, Harry did instead. I was quite shocked that he did the exact same thing I was about to do.

Ally blushed and leaned into Harry's soft touch, and seeing them made my heart warm. It was really adorable.

"Are you still sick?" Ally asked out of nowhere, widening her blue eyes. My stomach dropped and the mood in the room immediately changed.

"Yes, I am sick," I coughed, a knot forming in my sore throat. And before you know it, tears were filling all three of our eyes and mine started spilling over first.

"You'll get better," Harry promised in my ear, and Ally just hugged me tightly. "Don't die Louis." She whispered, and gave me one more quick hug before a nurse came to escort her back to her room.

"Louis, I will try my hardest to keep you alive, and if that means conducting surgery for 3 days straight, I'll do it. I'll do anything for you Louis." He rubbed his thumb under my eye and I gulped as he wiped away all my tears.

"I know." Is all I said back.

Okay guys I hope you enjoyed! Comment your thoughts, ideas, and just whatever! :) I love all of you so much, and I'm so happy you're liking it so far.

Don't forget to follow me and _Loving1D_ while you're on!

~Kayla (@uniquelyxlarry)