Chapter 19

A/N So...I See You moved on to the next round of of the bromance awards!! Thanks so much and if it's not to much trouble please go vote again!! Also we got nominated for Most creative title, but that isn't open for voting.

Listen to to the song on the side while you read!:)

Anyways, thanks for everything and I hope you enjoy this chapter!:) -Claire

****

11:21 PM

I woke up sometime during the night, judging by the darkness I could see out of my office window.

I sat up groggily on the couch, rubbing my head. I could hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears.

That's when it all came rushing back. Louis had a heart attack. How long had I been asleep?

With my heart in my throat I sprinted through the hospital, but no matter how fast I ran things seemed to be in slow motion. Every square inch of of my body hurt, but I didn't stop running until I reached Louis' room, or right outside it.

I fell to my knees when I saw the open door. The bed had been freshly made, and the room was sanitized, like Louis had never been there.

My stomach churned as I sobbed into my hands right there in the middle of the hospital. My chest was clenching painfully and for a minute I thought I was having a heart attack.

Nurses were flocking to me and grabbing at me, but I fell from my knees and curled into a ball on the floor, weeping loudly.

"Louis!" I screamed hoarsely. "Louis!"

The love of my life was gone and I hadn't been there to save him. I promised I would save him and I hadn't. I let him down.

I wouldn't get to wake up next to him every morning or fall asleep in his arms every night. We would never grow old together. I would never hold him again, or make love to him in our bed. I would never see his beautiful Blue eyes again or his perfect smile. I'd never feel his lips against my own. I'd never feel his small hand in my larger one again. We wouldn't get married or live in a big house with kids and pets. We weren't going to have anniversaries. Everything was gone. Louis was gone.

"NO!" I grabbed my hair, pulling furiously. A crowd had surrounded me, but I couldn't be bothered by it. My thoughts were nothing but a mantra of nonono and louislouislouis.

I felt a sharp sting on my cheek that wasn't pressed to to the cold, tiled floor and looked up in shock to Ella who was kneeling in front of me.

Her and another doctor hoisted me up, but I went limp, wailing out pitiful "no's." They dragged me down the hall anyways and Ella grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up.

My vision was blurry due to my tears, but I could make out a boy lying on a hospital bed. I blinked rapidly, wiping my eyes to get a better view.

I sobbed more when I realized it was Louis, but Ella pushed a hand over my mouth.

"He's sleeping." She shushed me. "The ICD has been disabled. He has less than 24 hours without a new heart. Let him sleep."

I forced myself to stop crying and I walked to the side of Louis' bed. His skin was white, almost blending in with the bed sheets and his eyes were sunken in. His hair was flat and greasy on his forehead and I gently pushed it out of his eyes.

His eyes fluttered open and my bottom lip trembled as another sob tried to escape. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out except for a choked sound.