Chapter 22: Spring and Rivals

"Man, I hate taping this thing," Nicky complains as she strangles the neck of her lacrosse stick in frustration. Winter is over and spring is back. And when spring comes back that means lacrosse season comes back. So that means no more track. Also, the boys get to go back to football. Because we haven't used our lacrosse sticks in such a long time Nicky and I had to retighten the strings of our sticks and tape them. And taping a lacrosse stick is a pain in the ass.
    I chuckled at a frustrated Nicky who looked like she was ready to snap her stick in half. "Here, I'll fix it for you," I said as I put my hand out for Nicky to give me her stick. I placed my finish lacrosse stick next to me and Nicky handed me her lacrosse stick with frustration. "You think we'll win this season?" I asked Nicky. We're losing a couple of girls because some left to go and compete swim, bowling, softball, and outdoor track. But, we still have a good group of returners coming from their fall sports.
    "I don't think we're going to win. I know we're going to win!" Nicky said really determined. Along with taking studies seriously, Nicky takes sports seriously even though her mom dislikes Nicky playing sports. Her dad supports the idea of her playing sports. Lets just day Nicky and her dad have a better relationship than Nicky and her mom do. "How do you think the boys will do?" Nicky asked referring to the four morons.
I finished taping Nicky's lacrosse stick and handed it back to her with a small smile. "I think they'll do really well this season. They kicked ass last season and they have more players for this season," I answered feeling confident in the guys.
Nicky smirked at me. She nodded her head which led to me giving her a concerning look. "So, you feel that confident in them do you?" Nicky asked. I raised my eyebrows at her, confused. "So, do you feel really confident in Duke then?" Nicky asked smirking at me.
I widened my eyes at her. "Nicky!" I shouted as I grabbed a pillow and threw it at her. Nicky couldn't stop laughing. She and the other three morons have been realizing that Duke and I are spending more time together. But, they're taking it in the wrong way.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Nicky said still laughing. Why do they think that? Yeah, I hang out with him a lot. He's my annoying pain in the ass neighbor who won't let me be. Jerks. Nicky tried to calm herself down from laughing like a hyena. "Anyways, the boys are have a game on Saturday. We should go and support them since they're our friends...sort of," Nicky sounding unsure of herself now.
I nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah sure. Should be fun. I hear they're playing their biggest rivals, the Brandywine sharks," I said. Clayton High Knights and Brandywine High Sharks never get along. One school is always pranking another school before the big game. Years back Coach Tim and Brandywine's coach got into a big blowout and wounded up fighting. Which turned into a forfeit from Clayton. So, two nights before a game, the sharks find a way to prank our team or school and then Clayton tries to prank them back. Note how I say "tries." Our football team always gets in trouble.
"Well, they better win. And if those Sharks come anywhere near the school Clayton better fight back," Nicky said getting up from my bed and grabbing her back pack. "I gotta bounce," Nicky said as she slung her bag on her shoulder. We did our handshake that we made back in second grade. Cheesy, but cute. "Later, Cruz," she said as she left my room.
"See you around, Nic," I called to her as she left my room. I stared at my door watching Nicky walk down the stairs. Hopefully, these guys can beat Brandywine.
"Awe, is a special someone going to come to our game to cheer me on?" I heard a familiar voice call from outside my window. I rolled my eyes. Only Duke would eavesdrop on my conversations.
"Sorry, Duke. I'm not going to cheer you on. I'm going to cheer the others on. You don't deserve my cheering," I said trying to sound tough but instead I sounded like a wimpy nerd. No offense to you nerds out there. Not all of you are wimpy.
Duke sat on his window sill. "Sure," Duke said emphasizing on "sure." "Chica, we all know you want me," Duke said winking at me with his irresistible smirk. I really wish I could push him off of that window sill. Then again I'm a good person. Then again I was the one who almost ripped his face off the day he was insulting me in the parking lot. I take back what I just said about me being a good person.
"Bye, perverted monkey," I said waving my fingers in a 'goodbye' way. He blew me a playful kiss and winked at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "You really need to get yourself a reality check because the last time I checked, I don't see myself swooning over you," I said crossing my arms over my chest.
"Babe, I'll have you fall for me soon," Duke said as he closed his window. Like hell he will.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dude, face it, I beat you last night in Call of Duty," Matt said pointing his finger at Alex who was sitting across from Matt at the lunch table.
Alex rolled his eyes. "We all know you cheated! Right, Nicky?" Alex asked Nicky looking for backup.
I looked at Nicky who wasn't even paying attention. She was on her phone not giving two shits about what they were fighting about. "Yeah, sure," Nicky said. So, let me sum it up for you. It's sixth period and Nicky and I came to our usual table for lunch to then have Matt and Alex fighting over nonsense. Now, Nicky, and I can't enjoy out lunch. And there's no sign of Duke and Drake. And why is that? Those two morons are stuck in the principal's office because Mr. Howard heard them talking about how they were going to prank Brandywine. So now they're being lectured.
    Matt threw a grape at Alex's head. "What the hell was that for?" Alex asked as he picked the grape up and ate it in frustration. I really want to kill these two morons. This is what they're seriously fighting over? A stupid video game? God, why couldn't you have found me four better morons that don't fight with each other about video games? What did I do to deserve these four morons? I've been a good girl...sometimes.
    "Shut up and just accept the fact that I beat you," Matt said holding another grape ready to throw it at Alex's head.
    "But-!" Alex was cut off when Matt raised his hand to throw the grape. Alex slumped down in his chair accepting defeat.
    Nicky and I exchanged hopeless looks. "So, where's the football game on Saturday?" I asked trying to change the topic from Call of Duty.
    Alex grabbed one of Matt's grapes and ate it. "It's here," Alex said indicating that it was at our school's football field.
    "Why? You ladies want to come?" Matt asked running a hand through his brown hair.
    Nicky and I nodded. "Yep," Nicky said popping the 'p' of 'yep'. "Lil' miss Val here wanted to show her undying love for Duke by cheering him on," Nicky said in a dreamy tone rocking my lightly by my shoulders.
    The three of them laughed at me. "Awe, does Val have feelings for a certain Duke Taylor," Matt said bashing his eyelashes.
    Alex grabs Matt's hands with an innocent look. "Duke, I've never wanted to admit this to you but-" Alex said trying to sound like me talking to Matt who suppose to be playing the role of Duke.
    Matt put his finger up. "Shush, save your breath," Matt said in a romantic tone. "Chica, I know you have feelings for me and I feel the same way," Matt said giving Alex dreamy eyes. I think I'm barfing in my mouth.
    "Oh, Duke," Alex says batting his eye lashes.
    "Oh, Val!" Matt says strongly. The two of them make kissy noises and pucker their lips trying to make fun of me. The three of them start laughing uncontrollably.
    I rolled my eyes at the two morons and Nicky. "Your lips keep moving but all I hear is "Blah, blah, blah,"" I say making my hand open like a mouth.
    "Awe, Val, this is why we love you," Nicky says hugging me. "You're so gullible!" Nicky said as she pinches my cheek.
    I swat her hand away to then hear my name being called. "Valentina Cruz, Alex Charles," Mr. Garcia called as he walked up behind Alex. I was sitting in between Matt and Nicky, looking up at Mr. Garcia. "Do you have a minute?" Mr. Garcia asked.
    "Yeah, what's up?" I asked giving him my full attention. Alex turned around in his seat looking up at Mr. Garcia.
    Mr. Garcia steps to the side to reveal three freshmen: two boys and one girl. "This is Noah, Josh, and Sophia," Mr. Garcia said pointing to each kid as he named them. The three of them were really short to be freshmen. They may be a little shorter than me...and I'm really short. Sophia had dirty blonde hair that was put into a tight ponytail. She wore black combat boots, a black skater skirt, and a shirt with Seventeen's name on it. Yay! Another Carat fan that I can fan girl with! Noah had black hair that was cut evenly on the sides and had more hair on top. He had faded jeans on, basketball shoes, and a sweatshirt. And Josh had brown hair that was parted to the right. He had thick rimmed glasses, a white button up shirt, black slacks, and dress shoes. Smarty? "They're freshmen in the scholars program but their parents asked for tutoring. So I wanted to know if you would be willing to tutor them tonight," Mr. Garcia asked.
    I mean it's not like I have anything better to do on a Friday night then stay later at school. "Um, yeah sure. No problem! I'll see you guys in the library," I said with a smile hiding the fact that I just want to go home and bury my face in Gramma's double-fudge brownies.
"Great, now I get to spend my Friday with a bunch of freshmen," Alex complained as he slammed his head into the table. I did the same. "Bye-bye, Friday," Alex and I whined in unison.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tutoring Sophia, Noah, and Josh wasn't horrible. Sophia and I talked about Seventeen for a good portion of the time. Noah is one of those 'I'm cool and I don't want to be here' kids. But, he's really smart. And Josh is just a know it all. Alex goofed off during the tutoring session. As I got up from my seat I walked out of the building with the four of them and walked them to their parents who actually paid me and Alex.
    I walked over to my car that was parked by the football field. I could park in my usual spot because Madison and her army of Bitchets had to take up all of the spots with their Porsche's. Have to love rich parents and spoiled kids. As I walked to my car I heard a lot of hollering, laughing, cheers, and glass breaking. What the hell? I had to head in that direction anyways because my car was there. As I slowly made my way over to my car, I saw high school boys destroying our football field. They were throwing toilet paper all over the bleachers and the field goal. They were throwing glass beer bottles against the walls and spray painting our field. I catch a glimpse of one of the guy's jackets: Brandywine Sharks. The guy that I was staring at looked up at me with a smirk. The other's stopped what they were doing and looked at the guy. "Let's move out!" He yelled. He had blonde hair that was gelled upwards. And he had hazel eyes that really stood out. He smirked at me and ran off with the others. The guys aren't going to like to hear this.
"What the actual fuck!" The four morons shouted in unison as we stood of the football field. It was Saturday morning and I decided to to tell the guys what I saw. I avoided the topic about who I saw though. So, we all drove down here, along with Nicky. We were standing in the center of the field.
    "Gah! I bet you those shithead Sharks did this!" Duke yelled really pissed off. Nicky and I took a couple of steps away from the angry muscle wall who looked like they were about to blow a fuse.
"And you're positive you saw people here?" Drake asked pissed off just like Duke.
    I nodded. "Yeah, I was walking over to my car when I saw them destroying the field. Some blonde hair guy looked up at me and told his guys to move out," I summed up. I'm not sure if I should tell the guys that it was Brandywine that was here. If I tell them, they can tell Mr. Howard. But, Duke will try to start problems on the field with Brandywine tonight. So I best stay quite for now.
    "Those Sharks are going to pay for what they did," Duke said shoving garbage into the garbage bag. He's believes that the Sharks did this. He's right but I don't want to tell him. "I don't care if I have to hurt them or not. I'm going to make them cry that they want mommy," Duke said trying to sound intimidating. And he was intimidating. I feel like the football field is Duke's second home.
    "Duke, whatever you do please don't get yourself and the guys in trouble," I pleaded as the two of us walked to the garbage pale, hands full of garbage.
    "I keep no promises," Duke said walking faster. This boy is going to be the death of me.
"Maybe it wasn't them though. Maybe it was someone else," I said trying to prevent Duke from starting a problem. He ignored me and walked away. I really want to strangle him sometimes.
    It was seven at night and the boys were warming up for the game. Nicky and I got them to calm down after fifteen minutes of them cursing. Mr. Howard called someone to clean up the spray paint off the grass so that it doesn't look like crap anymore. "You think the guys calmed down already?" Nicky asked sounding a little worried about them.
    To be honest, I think one of them is going to wind up killing one of the Sharks tonight. And I have a good feeling the captain of Brandywine's football team, Dylan Richards, is Duke's first target. "I don't think so. It's going to take a lot to calm those four morons down," I said hopelessly. Drake told me the whole story about how Brandywine and Clayton never got along and how they always fight before every game. Either pranking them or just starting a fight.
    "And let's welcome to the field, Clayton High's Knights!" The MC of tonight's game called out. An army of gold and white uniforms ran out onto the field. "And let's welcome our opponents, Brandywine's Sharks!" And then a sea of navy blue and white uniforms ran out. The captains and co-captains walked out to the middle of the field to take care of whatever business needed to be taken care of. Duke's already starting trouble. Please win! Duke needs to be in a better mood.
    The game finally ended with us winning. Our school was cheering loudly for our football team. The Sharks were showing bad sportsman ship and throwing their helmets on the ground. Coach Tim got into a couple of fights with the other coach. "Awesome game, guys!" I said as Nicky and I ran over to the four morons. We were five feet away from them and we were already regretting going near them. Nicky and I pinched our noses. "Dear Lord, you smell like you just came out of the sewers!" I cried.
    "We'll congratulate from over here," Nicky said as we took a couple of steps back away from the guys.
    The morons looked at each other with smirks. "Why don't we show the girls our gratitude for coming to the game," Duke said with a smirk. Nicky and I exchanged looks. Next thing we knew, the four morons came running at us and hugged us. "Thanks for coming, chica!" Duke said hugging me with his sweaty body.
    "Please, you stench is killing every cell I have on my body!" I complained as I tried to free myself out of his grip. Nicky and I finally freed ourselves and attempted to clean off moron sweat off of us. "How did the Sharks react?" I asked curious.
    "They are so pissed off!" Matt said as he fist bumped Alex. "Dylan wanted to kill someone after the game."
    Should I say something now? No. I don't know anymore. After talking for a while I looked to my right to see Sophia, Noah, and Josh. Good! A distraction for me! "I'll see you guys later!" I waved goodbye to the morons and Nicky and ran over to the three freshmen with Alex. "Hey, guys!" I said as I stopped in front of them.
    "Hello, Valentina. Hello, Alexander," Josh said all sophisticated.
"It's Alex. Alexander bothers me," Alex said sounding a little disturbed.
    "That was an awesome game," Sophia said jumping up and down. "I never knew my brother was that good!"Sophia said referring to her brother, Chase Calvin.
    "It was alright," Noah said being Noah. Alex narrowed his eyes at Noah for that comment.
    "Why you! I'd like to see you play full field!" Alex said pointing his finger at Noah.
    "You'll see me run full field next year when I'm playing varsity with you guys," Noah said crossing his arms. Alex's jaw dropped to the floor.
    I chuckled at them. "Glad you enjoyed it. You guys need a ride home?" I offered. They nodded. "Okay, to my car," I said as we took a step forward.
    "Well, well, well,who do we have here?" A male voice said ten feet behind us. The five of us turned around to see Dylan standing behind us in his Adidas pants and sweatshirt. "Ah, aren't you the one who saw us on the field yesterday?" Dylan asked winking at me. A couple of more guys stood behind Dylan.
    "Maybe," I said feeling really nervous. Alex stood next to me. He stared at me with a confused look. Now he probably knows I'm lying about not knowing the Sharks were on the field.
    "What's your name?" Dylan asked taking a couple of steps forward.
    "What's it to ya?" I asked getting a little nasty. Take it down a couple of notches, Val.
    "Val, who are these guys?" Sophia asked grabbing my arm.
    "Ah, so your name's Val. Cute name for a cute girl," Dylan said smirking at me. "Did you rat me and my boys out to your coach?"   
    I don't know if I should say anything or not. Maybe he knows I already did because he looked pissed when he came onto the field. I stayed quiet, not wanting to answer his question.
"Screw off, Richards. Just go run home and cry to mommy how you lost the game," Alex said with attitude. Savage much.
    Dylan narrowed his eyes into slits. Still smirking. "Well, what to do with you now," Dylan said. Huh? He snapped his fingers and the next thing the four of us knew, we had brown sacks on our heads. "Take them away boys," Dylan ordered.
    "Let go of us!" I yelled. I heard the three kids shouting and trying to get loose. One of the guys tied my hands back and threw me over his shoulder. "Help!" I yelled as loud as I could along with the kids and Alex.
    "Let me go! Don't touch me there!" Alex yelled. Thank goodness I had a bag on my head. I so don't want to see that.
     I continually yelled until I was thrown onto a floor with Alex and the kids being thrown on top of me. The bags were removed from our heads for us to see that we were in the back trunk of a truck. "That's going to leave a mark," I said referring to how I was thrown onto the ground.
    "Guys, I'm scared!" Sophia nervously said trying not to cry.
    "I'm late for my curfew!" Josh whined. "Mother is going to yell at me and take away my favorite book for being late!"
    Noah used his free legs and kicked Josh in the arm. Josh let out a yelp. "You're worried about your curfew more than being kidnapped by a group of teenage guys?" Noah yelled.
    Alex kicked the window trying to break it. Not a scratch. "Damn rich people and their plexiglass," Alex whined. We felt the car begin to move. As we tried to sit ourselves up the car jolted forward causing the five of us to fall on top of each other. "Hey! Not cool you bastards!" Alex yelled from the trunk.
    "Is everyone alright?" I asked as I fixed myself. Which was no use because the car took a sharp turn, sending us to the walls of the trunk.
    "Sure, we'll go with that," Alex said unsure of himself.
    "Anybody have their phones on them?" I asked hoping maybe someone could call help.
    "It's in my bag but my hands are tied," Sophia reminded us. We remained in the back, silent, being thrown to every inch of the truck due to the very poor driving. We sat there still once the car came to a stop. The trunk door opened revealing a garage. Dylan and seven other guys came to get us out of the trunk. They ripped us out of the car and threw us onto the floor. "Hey, watch it! I'm fragile," I whined.
"Clam it, blondie," one of the football players said as he got closer to my face. I spit right into his face. "Why you lil' bitch!" That deserved me a slap in the face. My cheek stung but I felt proud of what I did. Alex was about to say something but I shot him a look telling him to stay quite. He looked at me with a look of determination to beat he crap out of this guy.
"Take them to the basement," Dylan ordered. They stood us up and pushed us towards the basement stairs. Two guys were needed to take Alex because Alex is pretty strong, but short. We reached downstairs and we were once again thrown to the floor. The guys put our backs to each other and tied us together, our hands still tied. "Hope you guys enjoy your stay here," Dylan said as he stood in front of us.
"What's your problem, man?" Alex asked trying to free himself from the rope. "Why are you doing this?"
I stared hard at Dylan. Waiting for an answer to come out. He stared at us and laughed. "Why? Because you saw our faces last night. And you can't tell your principal that it was us vandalizing your field. And we can't get in trouble now, can we? So, why not kidnap the person that saw us?" Dylan asked like I asked a stupid question. I looked down. "Awe, is someone sad that this is their fault they got their ass and their friends kidnapped?" Dylan asked in a sympathetic tone. I bit my lip. This is all of my fault...once again. I'm somehow getting these guys into trouble and having them come to save my ass. Just like the day Madison locked me up on the roof and Duke risked his life to save me. I looked down at the ground in shame.
"Richards, I swear when I get myself free I'm going to beat the shit out of your pretty face," Alex yelled getting really frustrated. Alex kept trying to squirm himself free from the rope. Alex let out a loud grown of pain once Dylan's foot connected with Alex's stomach. I looked over at Alex, scared. I then looked up at Dylan who looked pissed. "And that's for Taylor sleeping with MY girlfriend," Dylan spat into Alex's face. Dylan marched up the steps and locked the door. The five of us sat there, tied together, in silence. Duke slept with Dylan's girlfriend? For some reason, I have this feeling of jealousy in me. But, why? Duke isn't mine. So, why am I feeling jealous.
"Why didn't you tell us that Brandywine was vandalizing our field?" Alex asked, staring at the side of my face. I was still staring down at the ground. I was embarrassed that I lied to the guys. "Val, why didn't you-"
    "I'm sorry!" I spat out before he could ask me again. I looked at him with scared eyes. He didn't look mad. He was about to say something but I cut him off immediately. "I didn't want to say anything because you guys were already pissed off about the field being vandalized and I didn't want you guys to start trouble on the field during the game! That's why I didn't say anything!" I snapped at him. I looked at him, in hysterics. I forgot that the kids were with us and I just unleashed "rabid Val" in front of them.
    Alex looked terrified at how I snapped at him. But, he also showed understanding in his emotion. "Fair enough," he said with a small, comforting smile. "Don't stress about it. If you told us that it was them, Duke and Matt would've probably ripped off Dylan's head in the middle of the game," Alex said trying to lighten up the mood.
    "Well, how is he going to react when he finds out Brandywine kidnapped us?" Noah asked with an attitude.
    Alex shot Noah a look telling him to shut up. I can't believe these two are having problems with each other. "Duke really slept with his girlfriend?" I asked Alex, still being bothered by what Dylan said to Alex.
    Alex snapped his head in my direction, forgetting that I was there to hear that conversation. Alex looked at the doorway. "It was two months ago," Alex started. "Dylan and Duke got into an argument after a game. Dylan said something that ticked Duke off. So, Duke took that as an excuse to sleep with Dylan's girlfriend," Alex finished.
    "Have they always had bad history with each other?" I asked curious.
    "I'll leave that up to Duke to explain," Alex answered quickly.
    I let out a groan. "Urg! What is with you guys? I told him about my past and he still hasn't told me anything about his!" I yelled. I kicked the chair that was right in front of me, in frustration. Does Duke think he'll graduate high school without telling me anything abut his past? If that's what he thinks he has another thing coming. "Calm down, Val," Sophia said. She was sitting right next to me grabbing onto my hand. I let out a sigh. I really hate these morons."Does anyone have their phones on them?" Sophia asked.
    "Mine is in my pocket my back pocket of my pants," I answered. Sadly, I was sitting on my phone. I'm so sorry, phone.
    "Same," Noah and Alex said in unison.
    "My phone is right in my side pocket!" Josh exclaimed. I tried to turn my head as far as I could to see him whip out his phone. And it was a flip phone.
    "You still have a flip phone, dude?" Noah asked in disgust.
    "Listen, do you want my phone or not?" Josh asked getting tired of Noah's attitude.
    "It's going to take us three hours to dial one of the guys numbers!" Alex groaned. Josh's phone had the keyboard where you had to click a button a certain amount of times to get a letter or number.
    "Josh, call this number," I said not caring about what Alex was saying. I recited Duke's number to Josh to then have him put on speaker.
    "Hello?" Duke answered in an unsure greeting.
    "Duke! It's me, Val!" I said letting him know it's me.
    "Val? Where are you?"
    "Dylan and his army of goons kidnapped me, Val, and the kids we tutor. We're in his basement," Alex answered for me.
    "Where are they?" I heard Nicky asked shocked.
    "We'll be there in ten minutes," Duke said panicking, hanging up immediately.
    Good, someone's coming to get us. Now, if only we could get out of these ropes. "Val, reach into my back pocket and grab my pocket knife," Alex ordered.
    I stared at him with a 'seriously' look. "You expect me to put my hand near your butt?" I asked raising a disgusted eyebrow at him.
    He rolled his eyes. "Do you want to get free from the ropes or sit here close to each other. If I have to sit next to Mr. Attitude anymore I'm going to strangle him," Alex said referring to Noah and his bad attitude. Noah kicked Alex in his leg. "Why is everyone beating up on me today?" Alex whine.
     I rolled my eyes at his complaint and moved my hand towards his pocket. I carefully put my hand into his back pocket. I grabbed it and pulled the knife out. "Here," I said handing it to him on the floor. Alex got it opened and took five minutes to cut the rope. The first layer came off, but our hands were still tied. We scooted away from each other. "Alex, put your back against my back and cut my hands free. I'll free you guys when my hands are freed," I explained. Alex did as I said and got my hands free. I rubbed my wrists and cut the other free. We all stood us and walked around the basement.
    "Now I'm free, I can kick your lil' ass now!" Alex yelled at Noah.
    "Do that and I'll tell my mom," Noah said.
    "Oh, playing the 'mom card' are we?" Alex asked putting his hands on his hips.
    As those two argued, I took this opportunity to look around. I found a bookshelf with car magazines, football magazines, porn magazines? Because that's what I want to see. Sarcasm. And, a photo album. I opened the book and saw pictures I didn't expect to see. It was photos of Dylan with Duke and Kerry. And Duke's mom with a different guy. Wait. Are they step-brothers? "What do you retards think you're doing?" We heard Dylan ask from the staircase. I took the photo out of the album quickly and shoved it into my pocket before he could see it. I threw the book into the bookshelf and walked over to Sophia and Josh.
    "Well, while you were jerking off we decided to at least free ourselves," Alex said standing in front of me and the three freshmen. "How long do you plan on leaving us down here?" Alex asked growing impatient.
    "For as long as my little cold heart desires," Dylan said in a cutie voice which made me want to vomit. He was right about having a cold heart.
    "Listen, just let us go and I won't tell our school that I saw you vandalize our football field," I negotiated. Alex looked at me and nodded in agreement.    
    "Chica, I don't give in that easy," Dylan said walking towards. Before he could say anything we all jumped ten feet out of our skin to hear glass breaking and Dylan's guys yelling and cursing. "What the hell is going on up there?" Dylan asked though gritted teeth. As he walked up the first step a fist collided with his face. Dylan took a couple of steps back. Right in front of me was Duke, Matt, Drake, and Nicky.
    "First rule," Duke said as he cracked his knuckles. "I'm the only one who can call Val chica! Right, chica?" Duke asked me, winking at me. I rolled my eyes and let out a smirk. Duke and Drake walked over to Dylan. "Second, no one is allowed to kidnap my friends!" Duke said as he punched Dylan right in the stomach.
    "You think you're so tough? Don't you?" Dylan asked with a smirk. Matt and Nicky ran over to me and the others.
    I turned my gaze to Duke to see one of Dylan's guys behind Duke, holding a baseball bat."Duke! Behind you!" I shouted. As the guy swung the baseball bat down Duke grabbed it with his hand. Woah! It's like Duke had sensing powers!
    Duke looked up at the tall guy. "And the third rule is to never attempt to hit me," Duke said as he grabbed the baseball bat out of the guys hands and cracked him right across the head. Dylan attacked Duke from behind. Alex, Matt and Drake tried to help Duke. But, Dylan's friends came. As they were fighting we heard cop car sirens going off. Duke smirked at Dylan. "I would get off of me if I was you," Duke said pushing Dylan off of him. "What have I told you in the past, lil' bro," Duke said as he punched Dylan in the face again. "Never touch me or my friends!" Lil' bro. So, Dylan is Duke's brother. But, blood related or step-brother?   
    We heard foot steps marching down the stairs to see the cops here. We explained to them what happened. They told us to go home and that they were going to have to stay with Dylan and his friends until their parents got to Dylan's house. Duke drove me back home and by the time we got back, it was nearly one in the morning. "I'll drive you to school on Monday since your car is still in the school parking lot," Duke said as he parked his motorcycle in the driveway.
    "Thanks," I replied. We walked over to my house and stopped in front of the bakery door. Should I mention the picture? Should I lie about how I found the picture. No. lying already got me into enough trouble. Duke found out that I lied about seeing Brandywine on the football field and he's not too happy. But, just like Alex he understands why I didn't say anything.
    "Well, I'll see you around-"
    "Duke, wait!" I called before he walked away. He looked at me with a confused look and gave me his full attention. Well, here goes nothing. "Um, I need to ask a-"
    "Can we talk about it tomorrow? I'm tired and my they're going to kill me," Duke said. 'They're'? Why didn't he say grandparents.
    "Oh, um, okay. Do you want to come over tomorrow?" I asked.
    "Yes!" Duke replied frantically. He stared at me and must've realized that he replied a little too quick. "Um, yeah, I'll be here at 12:50," Duke finalized. He waved goodbye and ran into his house. Why 12:50? Something is going on and I'm going to find out tomorrow and I'm going to get it out of him. Even if it means having to lose my diary in the process. Yeah, I still haven't forgotten about my diary be stolen by him. I'll get it back.