Chapter 6

Hamlet took a step backwards. "Horatio," he stuttered, barely able to get the words out, "I think I saw her..."

"What? Saw who?" questioned Horatio, even though he was pretty sure he knew precisely what he meant.

"Ophelia. I think I saw Ophelia at the super market. I went hysterical and ran at her and grabbed her, but she pushed me away," he explained, sobbing for the second time that night. "She didn't recognize me, Horatio!Ophelia didn't know who I was!"

All of a sudden, Hamlet heard his name being shouted, seemingly from far away "HAMLET!"

He whipped his head around, looking for the source of the voice. "Who said that," he screeched.

"Said what..." asked Horatio, mildly worried.

"Who shouted my name?"

"What are you talking about, no one said your name. No one's even here," he continued, his concern growing.

"HAMLET! OH MY GOD!" the voice screeched again, sounding closer this time.

"There! There it was again," Hamlet shrieked.

Horatio shook his head, and repeated, more solemnly. "Hamlet, there's no one here. We're completely alone, in the middle of a forest. Come on, let's go home," he added.

Hamlet really started to freak out; he didn't know much about it, but he was pretty sure that hearing voices in your head probably wasn't a good thing. Especially if they were shouting at you.

When Hamlet didn't make a move to leave, Horatio reached forward and grabbed him. However, the moment he touched Hamlet, it felt like Horatio scorched his arm . Hamlet let out a blood curdling scream, and jerked away. "Don't... DONT TOUCH ME!" Hamlet screamed in agony, "LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Horatio started to reach towards him again, knowing that he couldn't leave his clearly panicked and unstable boyfriend alone in the middle of a forest.

"I said go away!" shouted Hamlet one more time, before turning around and sprinting away. He paid no attention to where he was running. He couldn't focus on anything now, the voice was pounding inside his head again. It was just shouting his name, and sobbing. It had also become much louder, and more distinct. He couldn't tell it belonged to a woman, and he thought he recognized it, but he couldn't identify where from.