Prologue

A/N This is my first fanfiction, all characters are owned by the wonderful Shannon Messenger.

"You've never had a sleepover? Never?" Biana asked over her imparter.

"Well, there was that one sleepover at Dex's a while ago. But that was mostly for Black Swan business, so it really didn't count," Sophie replied.

"That was your first sleepover? At age fourteen?" Biana asked, becoming increasingly urgent with each word.

"Yep. I wasn't very popular in the Forbidden Cities," Sophie said.

"Well, that has definitely changed," Biana remarked. After the defeat of the Neverseen, Sophie had become an international political figure as well as an elvin celebrity, rivaling the Vacker family in fame.

"No kidding," Sophie sighed. The newfound fame was not unusual, but it was just as tiring as being the Council's "Public Enemy Number One."

"Anyways, that has got to change. I'm going to invite you, Dex, Keefe, Fitz, Tam, and Linh over for the first official post-elvin war sleepover," Biana declared. "I'll call you when I've gotten more details."

Over the imparter Sophie could see Biana rustling papers around her room, already preparing for the sleepover.

"Umm... okay," Sophie said. Biana didn't seem to be giving her a choice, did she?

"See you later!" Biana said, and with that, she shut off her imparter.