Wake Up, Dex!

Recap:

"Okay," Tam said. "I'll ask someone. Biana, would you rather..."

"Biana, would you rather..." Tam said, opening his mouth, shaking his head, and closing it again. "Would you rather... give up mallowmelt or give up custard bursts?"

While Biana thought, Sophie sent a pointed look at Tam.

Why did you change your mind? Sophie transmitted.

Tam stretched his shadow over Sophie and whispered, "What do you think?"

Let me guess, you were going to ask her something along the lines of would you rather kiss you, Keefe, or Dex? Sophie transmitted again.

"Umm... yeah." Tam looked at the ground embarrassedly.

So, why'd you change your mind? Sophie replied.

"Would you have asked Keefe if he would rather kiss you, Biana, or Linh?" Tam asked, raising an eyebrow.

Good point, Sophie transmitted, dropping the topic.

"Custard bursts," Biana said, bringing Sophie out of her reverie. "Hey, Sophie, would you rather live in the human world or the elven world?"

"Elven for sure," Sophie answered. "Dex, would you-- Dex?"

Dex had nodded off to sleep, slouching on a stack of pillows he had made. Sophie turned her head away and coughed, trying to cover her laugh.

"Um... Dex?" Linh asked, poking him in the side. "Wake up!"

Dex's eyes snapped open. "What, huh? Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm awake."

"Sure you were," Keefe said.

"Anyways," Sophie said. "Dex, would you rather--"

Tam rolled his eyes. "Ugh, he fell asleep again."

"You know what, I think it's time for us to go to sleep," Fitz said, lying down in his navy blue sleeping bag.

Sophie sighed. "You're right, guys. Night."

"Night," they all chorused.

A couple minutes passed, and Dex said suddenly, "Hey, I just woke-- why are the lights off?"

"Go to sleep!" Keefe shouted.

A/N This was such a filler chappie, sorry guys. I'm lazy. 😑

Also, thank you to @sjholzer for commenting! I'm glad you liked my story and thanks for giving me a suggestion for Tam's ask!