Collecting Pillows

"Well, we don't have any more activities planned, so I guess it's time for bed!" Biana said cheerfully. Then she frowned and said, "Wait, it's only, like, eight o'clock (A/N Do elves have any way of telling time?). We need something else to do before we get ready to go to sleep."

"Oh, I know!" Sophie said. "We should totally make a pillow fort!"

"A pillow what now?" Tam asked confusedly.

"A pillow fort," Sophie explained. "Is pretty much what it sounds like. A fort made of pillows. Usually people use blankets, too. And tape. Lots of tape. Sometimes they tie blankets to chairs to make a roof and walls, and then cover the floor with pillows. I've never actually made one, though. I've only seen people in movies make them, but I know that a lot of people make them in real life, too. "

"Cool!" Fitz said. "Let's start!"

The group swarmed around the house, dividing into groups, looking for various materials. Fitz and Sophie were looking for pillows, Biana and Tam looking for blankets, and Dex, Keefe, and Linh looking for chairs. Sophie scampered around the living room looking for pillows, until she realized that Fitz wasn't doing anything. She stared at him expectantly and asked, "So, you going to tell me why you aren't doing anything?"

Fitz smirked. "No, I was just planning to stand here and stare at you while you look for pillows. Yes, I think I might tell you why I'm not doing anything."

"So?"

"What's going on with you and Keefe?" He asked, furrowing his brow.

Sophie sighed. "I don't really know. When we were playing base quest we both agreed that we liked each other, but we still haven't decided if we're dating or not."

"Oh." Fitz frowned. They stood there for a while, looking conflicted. Finally, Fitz spoke. "I knew that things were going to get awkward after the breakup. I just..."

"You still like me."

Fitz's eyes widened, and he nodded. "It was that obvious?"

"I didn't really feel like being oblivious the second time," Sophie answered quickly.

Fitz chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah, you were pretty oblivious. I think we all were, a little bit."

"Yeah. I mean, Biana still hasn't noticed that Tam likes her!" Sophie exclaimed.

"So, back to us... I still like you, and--" Fitz started.

Sophie shook her head and interrupted, "There's not an us anymore. If you really love me, then you'll be okay with me liking Keefe, because I'll be happy. And when people love each other, they want each other to be happy. No matter who they're with."

Fitz smiled. "You're right. I do want you to be happy. So go out there and be happy with Keefe. You deserve it. By the way, aren't we supposed to be collecting pillows?"

Sophie whacked him with a cushion.

"It's so on!" Fitz shouted, whacking her back.

"You were the one that said to get back to work!" Sophie sang. The two ran around the house, collecting pillows while simultaneously having a pillow fight. As they ran back into the main room, Sophie muttered in his ear, "And don't forget, I do still love you. As a friend."

"Friends," Fitz whispered as they walked into the room together. "I can definitely live with that."

Suddenly, Keefe spoke, making Sophie remember that there were other people in the room. "Took you long enough! I hope you didn't get a little distracted..."