You've Been Chopped...

A/N Sorry my chapters are so short. They'll probably get longer as I go more into the story. 

As they entered one of the many living rooms, Tam and Linh looked up from their thumb war and greeted the newcomers. Linh went up and hugged everyone, while Tam settled for a slight wave.

"Now that everyone's here, what should we do?" Dex asked, plopping down on a couch.

"Decorate rifflepuffs! I may have gotten my mom to bake some. And by some, I mean about a hundred. I figured we would be hungry, " Biana explained, sitting down opposite him.

"A hundred? And we have to eat all of them?" Sophie exclaimed, not sure whether to feel excited or nauseous.

"Challenge accepted!" Keefe announced. "Where are they?"

"In the kitchen. Come on!" Biana explained.

The group trotted down to the kitchen, which was set out with plates of rifflepuffs that Sophie had to restrain herself from gobbling down right away. Fitz and Biana dug around the drawers, looking for frosting and sprinkles, which apparently had appeared in elvin kitchens long before they had in human ones. Meanwhile, Keefe was trying to steal pastries while Tam, Linh, and Dex laughed at Sophie's failed attempts to stop him.

After about ten minutes of this, everything was set out and everyone was poised to create their sugary masterpieces. They were about to start when Linh had an amazing idea. Sophie had gotten everyone into Food Network cooking and baking competitions after showing them multiple episodes of Chopped, Cake Wars, and Iron Chef after having Dex turn all of their imparters into unique tablets with games, internet, videos, and of course, the original imparter feature.

"We should make this into a decorating contest!" Linh had said excitedly. "But who should be the judge?"

"I will," volunteered Tam. "I'm not a fan of contests, so while you guys are competing, I'll make my rifflepuffs for fun."

"We should have a theme," Sophie said. "How about summer?"

"It's settled, then," Keefe said. "Let the contest begin!"

The next hour was filled with shouts, fights over sprinkles, and concentrated work over rifflepuffs swirled with beautiful designs. By the time everyone was done decorating, Sophie had frosting dyed hands, rainbow sprinkles on her arms, blue frosting in a big dot on her nose, and chocolatey brown sprinkles in her hair, courtesy of Keefe. Her fellow competitors looked similar, although their faces were much barer that Sophie's.

"First up..." Keefe said, miming a drumroll with his hands, "Biana!"

Biana's flower rifflepuffs were messy, to say the least.

"I'm not that great at art," she admitted.

"No... they're, um, fine," Tam declared uneasily. "Solid, err... six outta ten!"

Keefe leaned closer to Sophie and whispered into her ear, "I think he has other motives for giving her such a good score. He liiikes her."

"Don't say anything, though," she whispered back. "I know you don't like Tam that much, but I'm sure he'd be humiliated if you teased him."

"Fine."

Next up was Dex, who had decorated his rifflepuffs with average looking Pure trees, then Sophie, with cute smiling suns, Fitz with birds, and then Linh with beach waves, which apparently were a sign of summer in the elven world, too. Finally, there came Keefe, who had the most stunning palm trees anyone had ever seen.

"I really wanted to hate this," said Tam, who looked conflicted. "But this is good. Really good."

"He's an artist," Sophie said, smiling at Keefe. He blushed.

Fitz frowned.

"I need a moment to decide the winner," Tam said. He walked out of the room and immediately came back in. "I hate to say this... but Keefe won!"

Keefe immediately started doing a dance that would likely be in Sophie's memory forever.

"I'm amazing! I won! I beat you!" Keefe sang at the top of his lungs. "Bootsandcatandbootsandcatsand..."

Sophie rolled her eyes, grinning as he danced across the room.

We should not have put the Siri feature on the imparters, Sophie transmitted to Fitz. When he was finished with his victory dance, the friends started eating the rifflepuffs, which were soon gone, thanks to Della's special talent for baking.

Sophie's stomach was considerably larger when she left the room.