1 - Break the Ice

~~~Hackerspace~~~

Sitara and Josh sat loomed over a bright laptop screen illuminating the room and their faces as they wait for results they've been looking for. Upon the screen read:

Name: Myres, Emelia

Age: 25

Gender: Female
Race: Caucasian

Place of Birth: New York City, NY

Occupation: Unemployed

Salary: No Record
Threat Probability: 65%

Violations: unauthorized possession and illegal practice of chemicals, breaking and entering, theft, armed robbery.

"That's her," Sitara said.

"65%?" Josh asked.

"Mostly framed," Sitara grabbed her phone looking up anything she can find on Emelia Myres.

Marcus walked in the hackerspace, coming down the stairs offering his greetings, before Sitara interrupted him, "Marcus! Come here," She said.

"What's up?" He asked walking over to her.

Sitara turned in her chair to speak to Marcus, "This is my old friend, Emma. Thought she could help out and be an ally of Dedsec."

"What can she do?" Marcus asked.

"Check out her file," Josh said clicking on her violations again.

"Chemicals? So she's some mad scientist?" Marcus asked.

"Something like that. She used to make these ice darts that work with modified airsoft guns. Non lethal, but it hurts like a bitch. Totally throws people off, and could help when the stun gun's range won't go far enough. Oh! And smoke bombs! With non lethal gas," Sitara said sounding more excited as she told her friend's skills.

"Why she sound like a Batman villain?" Marcus laughed.

"Weeellllll, maybe more like Batman since she doesn't like to kill anyone," Sitara offered.

"Batman's killed people before," Marcus said with a straight face.

"Alright you out-nerded me. Anyway, this isn't about Batman. It's about her. We could really use her as an ally," Sitara said.

"Sounds like it. How do you know she'll be so willing to join us?" Marcus asked.

"Well the problem is that she's been arrested and fined enough to lose her ability to be allowed to use a laboratory. Can't really find a job, either. She was addicted to chemistry. I'm sure if we find a way to wipe away all that bad rep, she'll join us."

"Bribe her to do chemistry?" Marcus noted the irony in the matter. Who wanted to do chemistry?

"She's a freak, but she's great. You'll love her and her ice darts," Sitara smiled wide.

~~~Silicon Prints~~~

It's been 1 year, 4 months, and 10 days since her last day in a lab. Unfortunately no one would hire Emelia since, so she took a job getting paid under the table at a T-Shirt printing store. She didn't have to work with the public, and could stay safely in a backroom where no one would bother her.

Emelia, casually going by "Emma", and her coworker Sasha, were organizing shirts that have been disorganized throughout the day. She put her long hair up hours ago, having dark strands falling down over her face slowly since then.