11 - Failsafe

~~~ Hackerspace ~~~

On the way back to the hackerspace, Emma didn't say a word. She caused a scene, fought with Sitara, and stormed out. She wasn't exactly looking forward to being back. It was like she was 12 again and threatened to run away from home, but would just be back before dinner time. Emma didn't say a word when they walked in. Emma didn't even look at Sitara and she was sure Sitara didn't even look at her.

Despite everything, Sitara was in a great mood. Hard to be upset when you know you have the enemy cornered. The rest of the plan was heavily reliant on time. She couldn't waste it scolding Emma.

"We routed two locations where there's heavy data traffic going to and from Fleishhacker. Josh is already working on hacking into the first one, but we can't get an access point at the other one. Mind heading over there and taking care of it?" Sitara asked Marcus and Wrench.

"Like go in and reboot the system?" Marcus asked.

"That's an option," Sitara said, "You could completely erase it if you want. There's nothing there that's useful for us. We have everything. We just don't want anyone else to have it either."

Wrench groaned and slouched in his seat, "Uuughhhhhh can't we just blow it up???" Sitara smirked and looked over at him, raising an eyebrow. Wrench gasped and displayed exclamation points on his mask, "You serious?"

Sitara chuckled, "Your time to shine. We doin it-"

"Wrench, style, baby!!" Wrench cheered as he stood up, "I've been waiting all month for this!"

Marcus laughed, "What about the other place?"

"We're going to take care of it... Sitara style," Sitara said.

"And that would be?" Marcus asked with a grin.

Sitara took in a death breath, "Steal the intel, send an anonymous tip to the feds, putting out a warrant to Cyb0rg's arrest. Aaaand watch Blume take a major hit considering they're protecting that douchebag," She said all in one breath.

"Remind me never to mess with you," Ray chuckled and Sitara smirked.

"Be careful, though. I imagine once the first base gets flushed out, there might be increased security at the other," Sitara said, "But you boys can handle that."

"Wait... these coordinates are at that place in Oakland. That condemned office building. We've been there before," Marcus said pointing at the laptop screen.

"Yeah, and we found nothing," Ray said glancing at Wrench. He also remembered on that same day that Wrench was busy sulking over Emma. Perhaps that was the reason they didn't find anything suspicious. He knew he was too distracted, "That guy we beat info out of. What was his name? Carl? Anyway, I remember he mentioned that Cyb0rg moved bases a lot. But there's evidence that there's been activity at all three at once. So either he was full of shit, or Cyb0rg did a good job hiding it."

"Cyb0rg knows how we operate. He knows what to hide from us, and how. And I admit, it was a solid run, but he couldn't outrun us for too long," Sitara said confidently. She was loving this power trip.

"Well, whatever kind of lock he has on it, we'll get through. Once and for all," Marcus said.

"To my garage! I have just the things lined up," Wrench said eagerly. He really has been waiting a long time for this.

Emma was away from them all, sitting on the couch. She was hugging her knees. Frustrated and scared, but eager. Their plan sounded good. They knew what they were doing. Was this going to be Owen's final day ruining her life? What would she do after? No, Emma told herself. She couldn't think that far ahead. Owen was still dangerous at the moment, she couldn't forget that. She stood up, "Wait!" Wrench and Marcus stopped by the stairs, "Be careful about... him," She said, referring Sam.