Chapter 23

“Morning,” Colin said appearing in my doorway after knocking it and waking me up. “Can we have a chat?”

He didn’t wait for a reply, he walked in and sat on the end of the bed.

“James is still at the airport, there were no spaces on the flights so he has been waiting on a cancellation. The weather back home is terrible so now all the flights are cancelled. I know he won’t come back unless you agree so can you please call him and say it is ok?”

I shook my head.

“Look at the flight board,” he said showing me his tablet. All cancelled. “He’s been there all night. If he comes back I will keep him out of your hair. The sofa pulls out into a bed. I will make that up and sleep with him on it. I am not leaving a mate on airport chairs again tonight.”

I was waking up more and realising what he was saying. I couldn’t leave him at the airport, I’d been raised better than that.

“So can I go get him?” he asked like he was asking if he could go pick up a stray from the pound.

I nodded.

He dialled the number, “Damn his battery is gone. I will go fetch him. A little bit of boy advice. Be wearing a skimpy bikini and lots of shimmering sun tan lotion when we get back. It will make his balls ache worse than a kick in them.”

“Probably if it was his ex, not me, but thanks.”

“No way, she is history. You are the future,” he said making my stupid heart spring alive with hope until my brain strangled it with a reality check.

He went off to fetch his playmate as I got dressed.

“No way, you are not wearing that,” Lauren said as I put on a pair of shorts and tshirt. “Bikini, sarong and sandals. We are going out to play.”

I was dressed in what was effectively my underwear as we headed off to the beach. There was a strip of bars and restaurants.

“Two drinks in each should do it,” she said.

The men had used Adrians hire car to go get James. I was going to find me a new man. Yep I wasn’t going back to that Villa without at least snogging someone.

The more I drank the looser my lips became and I told them about our conversation... all except the ‘fake couple bit’. They were all fuming and told me I had done right. I was to get over him by kissing a man in each bar. Not a hard task as with a bunch of rowdy girls, I had some how turned into the girl from my first night here who propositioned James. I was that drunk I determined to sleep with someone else not just kiss them but my period would put pay to that, the only thing I was getting intimate with tonight was another tampon. So much for being a drunken predator.

I still had fun though, it didn’t take too long before I was photographed kissing enough men to break world a record. It was only a ‘Mwah’ not a snog but still fun and very much needed male attention to boost my ego after everything I’d been through.

I took to carrying my shoes and danced on the beach wall with some lads from Liverpool. One was called ‘Frankie boy’ as his surname was Franklin. He was gorgeous, cheeky and funny. Lauren and the others went back to the villa as they were tired. I was left with Michelle to go back to the hotel with the lads. Their hotel was no way near as nice as ours and reminded me of Uni.

Frankie and I made no secret of our attraction towards each other and shared a few stole pecks on the lips but I kept pushed him away calling him ‘kiss stealer’ and demanding more booze. They really were a great bunch of lads and not trying to get in your pants all the time but loved to flirt, which was a welcome change.