Rumours

From that day on, you guys were almost inseparable. Almost.

You didn't question them, you just followed them along. If they had errands seeing both were in the basketball team, you would help out, just like an assistant manager to the team but you weren't. You pretty much started from picking up basketballs and cleaning after them to creating a banner and cheering for them. Some people gave you pitied looks whereas some realised you came to this school. And everyone pretty much avoids you because of your association.
'How many basketballs does this people play? 20? What did dad say? Positive thoughts.' as you chant positive thoughts in your mind.
"(F/N)-chan, I'd like to ask you something." Imayoshi said, wiping the sweat from his eyebrow, seeing they just finished basketball practice. Hanamiya walked out to retrieve something.
"Yes, Imayoshi-senpai." you beamed while picking up the basketballs that were littered on the ground.
'Interrupted my thoughts. tchh' (yes, you have a temper inside like Pandoras box which I will get to in the proceeding chapters)
"You've heard of the rumours, haven't you? Of me and Hanamiya-kun?" he approached you, almost towering over your frame seeing that Imayoshi is tall, like all the basketball players in this school.
'tch.. what's he playing at.'
Of course you have heard of it. Hanamiya's bad boy reputation and Imayoshi, the 'psychic'. You hear it all the time from when you were either in the girl's bathroom to when you walk past your classmates who would huddled in the corner. Whispering. Gossiping. About how Hanamiya would play dirty to get what he wants. Or Imayoshi who manipulates and play tricks with people's head. Whether it's basketball or in any setting.
The most common thing between those two you can sum up from the student body's gossip news? They both love to see people's pain. Whether it's physical or emotional.
You shook your head at Imayoshi and replied.
"So what? I don't believe in such things. You're my friends and I don't think you two are like that. Except when Hanamiya plays dirty at basketball, but he said he has his reasons! And I can see at basketball that you were trying to manipulate the rival players. But you want to win! I see where the two of you are coming from. You didn't want to hurt them intentionally. You want to do what it takes to win because that's the only way you can win, seeing you have no other way." you huffed.
Imayoshi stood there, with an indifferent look plastered in his face. 

"Are you saying that all I am good at, is manipulating people?" he frowned. 

"ack! Ah, no.. I m-mean.. is..." you blurted out, blushing in embarrassment. 

'I wanted to say, I will believe it when I see it, but..'
You glanced at Imayoshi. Yeah his personality is like a fox but he is your 1 out of 2 friends you have in this school. They supported you and you support them.
Imayoshi gave you a tight-lipped smile and leaned in.
"I was only joking." he said, both narrow eyes opened slightly. 

The atmosphere felt a bit tense but slowly disappeared when Hanamiya walked in. 

"What are you two still doing here? Let's go. It'd be nice if you can carry my things too, my precious friend, (F/N)-chan." Hanamiya commented.
"Y-yeah.. of course!" you agreed and hurriedly walked over to carry Hanamiya's stuff after packing up the balls from the court.
Imayoshi followed along behind and watched your retreating back. Thinking. Watching. 

----- ----- ----- ----
A/N: pic belongs to zerochan.
"One of those days you will see it. And you will believe it..."