one | the beginning

one | the beginning.

I sat alone watching my brother with my friend named Ashley they seem very happy without me. They laughed as if no one is watching them.

It's almost twelve o'clock until new year, but it didn't seem that kind of happy and I don't know why.

I don't want to tell Ashley about having this issue; I'm sure she's going to avoid me and tell everyone about this and everyone will gonna be disgusted about me- especially my parents and Colson.

She's my true friend, and friends keep secrets to each other. But why is it so hard to tell her the truth?

I shook my hand and smile bitterly facing them, but I decided to lie down in this peaceful sand and watch the sky, stars as it twinkle.

"Why so lonely?" I heard him joking around and I chuckle without looking at his face. I can sense that it's him.

"I'm not lonely, I just want to be alone, Shawn," I corrected him, he just shrugged and joined me.

"Why aren't you joining them?" he said cutting the silence. I took a deep sigh before answering his question.

"I... I just want to be alone for a second. I don't feel like I'm in a mood for today," I honestly said. I don't want to lie to my friend, I want to be honest to everything I say, not like being around with your brother who asks almost everything that you just decided to lie.

I decided to face where he lie- at the left side. "Shawn." I uttered imagining as if it was Colson, but I jump in to my conclusion that it will never going to happen.

He looked at me confused, and for that moment, we stared for like a hundred second and I suddenly cut the staring contest. I was the first one to gave up!

I laughed and we both laugh. "You aren't good at staring, Cam," I nodded as if I was agreeing of what he said which is true.

"Well, can't blame it. You know you're good at staring." That's true, he's good at it, but not in a creepy way that he could murder everybody.

I was about to speak, but someone jumped and shouted and then we started jumping out in the sand, I looked at my phone and I literally forgot that it is already twelve o'one- it's New Year!

Shawn helped me from standing in and immediately saw their faces again. they stare at each other for a second and eventually stopped.

"Shawn, are you okay?" I almost jump when I saw Shawn's face in front of me like he was trying to scare me, but he looks confused and concern.

I nodded but still looking at them. "Why do you seem distracted?" he was going to look where I'm looking at, but I cutted it out and instead covered his eyes using my hands.

He was about to speak but Ashley yelled our names as if she wanted to join us with them. First, I quickly looked Colson but he's looking at someone- Ashley.

"Oh yeah! We'll be there!" Shawn responded and grabbed my hand letting me run with him.

___

Half minutes just passed but I can still hear everyone's noises. It's like I am left out here sitting in front of them while they are standing.

S

omeone grabbed my hand again, but it wasn't Shawn because it felt like lightning strikes within my hand and my whole body.

"Come on, Camila! Don't be a party pooper. Remember, you've waited for this day because you wanted to change," I heard him chuckle offering another hand so that I could join them.

"Colson is right," Ashley spoke joyfully. I let a smile and a sigh.

"Okay."

I remembered when I always tell Colson about when's the year that I'll change. He didn't know what I meant for that, because he didn't know...

Because he didn't know that I have feelings for him.