epilogue

1 year passed...

"Happy birthday, Camila Baker! Now blow your cake!" Shawn, Ashley, and Mom waited for me to blow the candle.

"But wait, I've read in an article last week that blowing a candle to your cake is just a big no-no because you'll eat alot of germs in a cake." I said in a serious tone, but they didn't listen instead they just laugh.

"You're not good at joking, Camila. Just blow your cake!" Ashley said changing the topic. The excitement of myself has risen up and that's why I blew the cake without saying anything.

"Yey!" Shawn said clapping his hands while jumping like a kid and started hugging me too tight that I couldn't breathe and they all started to hug me.

It felt so much better to be like this. My loved ones are here celebrating my birthday, I feel safe and comfort around them like as if I was a princess and they're trying to protect me using their powerful hugs.

But there's a problem. I keep trying to be happy around them knowing that today is my birthday, that I should be happy! No doubts, no sadness, just happiness, but there's always a sad part for this day that I couldn't explain, that I wish someone is here with us.

Normani,

"Happy, happy, happy birthday Camila! I hope you the best in life! Just enjoy everything :)"

Lauren Jauregui,

"Hey Cam! Happy birthday babe!"

Dinah Hansen,

"Happy Birthday!"

Ally Brooke,

"bitch! hAPPY BIRTHDDY!!!"

As I scrolled down, seeing them messaged me in any social media made me think that they knew it's my birthday or just because they were being notified.

I stopped scrolling when I saw his name, I felt being stuck in this laptop reminding me the past.

Colson Baker,

"happy birthday."

My heart beat so fast and my lips felt chapted and pale at the same time, I don't know how to respond this. I don't know what to say, I don't know how to start this, I don't know anymore... I have so many stuffs to tell him.

He disappeared for a fucking year and it's almost two years and now here he is greeting me. He didn't have time to go to dad's funeral.

My tears fell out over my laptop and I saw his private message so I immediately clicked it.

Colson Baker sent you a message.

Colson Baker.

"hi."

"Am I out of my head, am I out of my mind?"

I focus on my laptop when someone tapped on my open door.

"What do you want?" I didn't manage to look whoever is that. I was busy thinking what to reply to him.

"So..." I was about to click the 'h' letter when I heard a familiar voice. I faced directly to the door and surprisingly shocked- I saw him again.

"Colson!" I rushed towards him hugged his chest and I could feel his heart beating too fast just like mine.

He rubbed my hair and started to sniff it, I chuckled because of what he did.

"Why did you dissapear?" my voice felt tense as I asked.

He squeezed my hand. "I didn't dissapear, You don't know but I am always by your side." I can feel my face turned into red, but I didn't mind it. What matters is that he came here today.

"Oh!" I was about to pull his hand but he hesitate.

"Mom didn't know that I'm here." my brows furrow of what he said.

"Then how did you..." before I could finish my sentence, I realized something- that I realized he will be soon gone, no! Not soon but today.

"Yeah, I can't stay here, Cam." he smiled painfully. And I can see he is not okay with it, too.

"Look, you don't have to leave, okay? I missed you," I said without any hesitant.

"I missed you too." he's still holding my hand that I felt like I'm starting to sweat.

His look changed so much; he had both earrings in his ear, his hair that had bandana in it wrote, EST 19XX plus a messy hair and his polo unbotton that you can see his chest full of tattooes and his newly abs.

But his inner part didn't change. He's still the funny, serious, and loving brother.

I was about to speak, but before that, I already felt his lips touching mine just for a second, it was too quick that I didn't notice I already touched my lips.

He smiled. "Happy birthday, Camila." and with that he parted my hands with his, I realized he had to leave again...

end.