three | tragic

three | tragic.

"Ashley!" I shout her name as I saw her walking through the corridor with Colson, I know I shouldn't be doing this, but since they are together and I have heard that it's normal for relationships to spend their time, especially at the beginning. I just have to respect them even though it hurts a lot to me.

"Oh hey!" She waved her hands, but I'm not looking at her. I was looking Colson.

"Hey!" I decided to wave back at her and it's getting awkward because they are just both looking at me.

"So, what are you guys up to?" I started a conversation as they walk silently. I feel like a third wheeler joining them, especially that everyone is staring at us and knows that I am single and a sister of Colson.

"These girls are staring at us," Ashley said. I wanted to correct her that they wasn't looking at me, or at her- but they are looking at Colson.

I was about to talk when Shawn appeared on my side like he was a magician teleporting, but then he looks totally afraid and worried.

"Colson... Camila," he's running for his breath and that's why he couldn't barely finish his sentence.

"What?" Colson looked at him with his furrow brows.

"Your parents are in a car accident!"

___

It is almost midnight and the three of us are waiting here outside the surgery room while sitting down, and at the right side of me is Ashley with no expression in her face. I look so pale and my hands are keep trembling due to shockness that I have received. The words are keep repeating in my mind of what had Shawn said and I keep reminding myself not to cry, but I was about to tear so I covered my face.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I didn't manage to look at her, speaking at me.

"Yeah..." I wipe my tears as close to my cheeks and sniff.

For a minute, I heard nothing but silence.

"Ashley, you need to go, I'll drive for you," Colson suddenly spoke out of nowhere.

"No thanks. I'll just ride-"

"Don't be such hardheaded," he interrupted and stretch out.

"But, how about your sister?" Then they look at me worriedly.

I fake a smile. "Go ahead, Ashley. It's not safe when you're alone." I said and she sigh and I could tell that she's still doubting.

"Okay, bye."

As soon they left. tears started streaming down my face and to my lips, I could taste the saltiness of it.

I'm not sure if I was crying because my mom and dad just got into a tragic accident or because I was feeling down that Colson wasn't here with me.