Chapter 1

"Su are you sure you want to do this?" I sighed impatiently and turned towards my parents as they looked at me nervously. We were outside Eden Hall and I had several suitcases around me as students bustled by carrying their luggage up to their rooms. School was starting tomorrow and everyone was arriving. I had brought most everything yesterday I just had my clothes with me now and was preparing to say goodbye to my parents who were acting as if I was going to live in Japan.

"Yes Mom I am, all of the other Ducks are living in the dorms this year and I am going to as well." I said tapping my foot on the ground as I brushed some stray hair out of my face. It had blonde streaks running through it form me being out in the sun so much. I was excited all of us Ducks living on campus together, boy is Eden Hall in for fun.

"Besides I'll come home once a month." I said smiling and she glared at me and I asked.

"Every other weekend?" Her glare deepened as she narrowed her eyes and I sighed dramatically.

"Fine every weekend happy now?" I asked exasperated and my Mom nodded and smiled.

"Hey Su!" I turned and smiled as Adam Banks my boyfriend of almost a year printed over. He was dressed in khaki shorts and a blue polo shirt.

"Hey Adam." I said as he stopped in front of me. He smiled and leaned down and kissed me lightly on the cheek and I smiled. Even after knowing my parents for years and been dating for almost a year he was still afraid to kiss me on the lips in front of them.

"Adam, my boy." My Dad said happily as him and Adam shook hands.

"Hello Mr. Granger, Mrs. Granger." He said turning to my Mom and giving her a hug and she kissed his cheek.

"Adam good to see you again now tell me are your parents here?" Adam stepped back to stand next to me, he smiled and shook his head.

"No you just missed them; they left a few minutes ago." My Mom looked down disappointed; my Mom was wearing a new outfit and had wanted to show Mrs. Banks it. I looked around expecting my parents to leave but they just kept on standing there holding hands and wiping tears from their eyes. I coughed and my Dad got the picture.

"Well I think it's time we left, come on Ann." She looked at him and then back at me.

"But what about helping Su with her bags?"

"I'm sure Adam can help her, right son?" My Dad asked looking Adam over who had grown over the summer. He was a little taller and a little more filled out and tanner as well from going to Hawaii for two weeks over the summer. He nodded and flashed a dazzling smile.

"Of course." My Dad turned back to my Mom.

"See Adam can take care of her, heck she can take care of herself." My Mom nodded and turned towards me and hugged me tightly.

"Be careful, and just because I'm not here to remind you to go to sleep on time doesn't mean you can stay up late." I laughed and nodded and pulled away and turned towards my Dad.

"Bye Dad." I said jumping into his arms and he hugged me back.

"Be safe Susie." He said using my childhood nickname, I nodded into his chest and pulled away and walked back next to Adam. We waved as my parents got into their car and drove off. As soon as they were gone I smiled excitedly.

"Finally!" I squealed and Adam laughed causing me to smile.

"So want to get your bags up to your room?" I nodded and grabbed one and Adam grabbed the other. We nodded to greetings as we passed students, the Ducks had become more popular ever since beating varsity last year and we were know longer viewed as the outsiders of the school.