Chapter 11

"I hate heels!" I muttered under my breath as I tripped…again. Part of the debutante training was learning how to walk comfortably in heels, like that is ever going to happen. The closest things I have worn to heels are skates, which I don't think counts. I picked myself off from the floor and dusted myself off.

I was in the middle of a vacant hallway at the country club, practicing. I sighed looking down at my watch.

3:30, hockey practice was well under way and I wasn't there…again. If you add up all the minutes I had been at practice for the past week, it would equal half of a normal practice, man I am so dead. And of course the Ducks will do one of two things, make fun of me or be angry. Or maybe a combo of both till I threaten to kill them.

"It's ok Su take a deep breath, you can do this, it's not that long of a hallway." I nodded, I always felt better after a little chat even if it was with myself. Taking in a deep breath I started walking forward but didn't get far before I stumbled…again.

"Why can't I do this?" I yelled to myself, my voice echoing off the beige walls. I was a very competitive person even with something I detested, such as heels.

"You were better this time then you have been the last week." A voice remarked from behind me as I turned to see Tracy standing there, her hands placed on her hips. She looked good as usual; she was in a short red skirt with a matching blazer and red heels. Her hair straightened, the bangs stopping right above her eyebrows. I looked at her confused, looking down the hallway to see if there was anyone else standing behind me.

"Yes I am talking to you, moron." I turned back towards her surprised, letting the insult slip.

"Why?" She rolled her eyes as if the answer was obvious.

"Because it's obvious that you are the girl here that needs the most help, I can help you." I quirked an eyebrow very confused now.

"Why would you want to help me?" She shrugged looking down at her nails in a bored manner.

"Because unlike you I rock at this and you…well you suck to put it nicely. I thought you might want my help but if you don't its not like I care." She turned to walk away as I sighed, I'm gonna kick myself for this later.

"Tracy wait!" She turned back around a smug expression playing on her face. I shuffled awkwardly on my heels.

"You're help would be nice." She nodded pleased.

"All right, it seems you haven't done this often am I right?'

"Crystal." She nodded and motioned for me to stand next to the wall.

"Ok watch me, more importantly watch my feet and legs and then copy, think you can do that?" I nodded as she walked down the hallway effortlessly, swaying her hips, never missing a beat. She turned back towards me.

"Now you're turn."

"I warn you this could get scary." She giggled but quickly coughed it away.

"Yeah well I've known you for practically our whole lives, I'm used to scary." I glared at her before walking and this time I managed to almost get down the hallway before tripping.

"Good now try it again!" We continued at it for another half an hour till I finally could walk right without looking like an idiot.

"My feet are killing me!" I complained taking a seat on a comfy leather chair that was conveniently placed at the end of the hallway, perks of belong to a country club. Tracy sat down next to me smirking down at my blistered feet as I took them of out the heels.

"Yeah you'll get use to that, my advice, place them in cold water when you get home and then wrap them up in your hockey bandages, also were sandals to school, tennis shoes will only make them worse."