Chapter 7

I opened my eyes groggily and yawned lightly before snuggling back into my pillow. Wait a second…I thought as my pillow turned out to be very firm. I moved around more expecting to find a soft warm bed but I kept finding myself on top of something firm and hard. My eyes popped open as I heard a soft chuckle. I looked up into the clear blue eyes of…

"Adam?" I asked and he laughed and nodded and everything flooded back to me, Tracy had kicked me out of my room last night and I had come to Adam. Now that I knew where I was I relaxed and laid my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"What time is it?" I whispered looking over at the sleeping Charlie. Adam shifted slightly and whispered back.

"9:30." I nodded and looked up at him and smiled.

"Sleep well?" He nodded and smiled mischievously.

"Except for the fact you kept talking in your sleep about how hot I am." I blushed scarlet, and he broke out laughing loudly not even caring about Charlie sleeping a few feet away from us. I glared up at him and whacked him in the stomach.

"I did not!" I hissed and he continued to laugh quietly till tears came to his eyes.

"I hate you." I muttered one he had quieted down and he chuckled quietly scoping me up in his arms so he was cradling me.

"Ah Su no you don't." he said in a teasing manner his eyes twinkling and I smiled reluctantly and he leaned down to kiss me softly on the lips. I snuggled into him smiling when I heard a sleepy voice murmur.

"Banksie?" I pulled away from Adam surprised to look over at Charlie who was moving around getting awake. Adam sat up quickly surprising me which caused me to fall to the floor in a heap. I sat up and Adam said quickly.

"Hide." He pointed under his bed and I looked up at him bewildered.

"You've got to be kidding me." I hissed back and he said exasperated as Charlie continued to wake up. I sighed and quickly clambered under the bed just as Charlie yawned.

"Hey good morning Charlie." Adam said with a forced cheerfulness and I sighed, Charlie will see through that in a second.

"Morning Banksie, hey were you talking to someone?" I stayed quiet under Adams bed listening intently to the conversation as Adam chuckled nervously.

"Me? Uh who would I be talking to? Myself?" it came out in a rush and I resisted the urge to smack my forehead, Adam is going to give me away.

"At this point it wouldn't surprise me." Charlie responded slowly and I saw his feet land on the floor and realized he was out of bed. Charlie walked around before stopping right in front…of my Uggs.

"Adam why are a pair of Uggs in our room?" Charlie asked confused and saw him lean down as he picked one up, luckily he hadn't seen me.

"Uh well see…they're Su's."

"Why is Su's Uggs in our room?"

"See Su came by the other day and left them here."

"So she left…barefoot?" I sighed, why couldn't Adam lie for once in his life.

"Yeah, she did. Do you find that weird?" I was about ready to smack my boyfriend.

"A little, but I guess you cake-eaters can afford to do this." He dropped the boot and I glared. Those had cost a lot of money, oh well I could always buy another pair, those were getting old anyway. I watched as Charlie walked around the room for a few minutes.

"Well I'm going to take a shower before all the hot water is gone, be back in 15 minutes."

"All right, bye Charlie."