Chapter 14

I lounged comfortably on my pool floatie enjoying the warm sun making my already dark skin darker. Sunglasses covered my eyes as I put sun lotion on my legs, don't need a sun burn, now do I? I relaxed in my bathing suit as the floating chair swayed gently in my pool.

A lot had happened since winning the State Championship…again. The winter came and went as did Christmas. I get some great gifts, such as new hockey equipment and other cool items. Spring came and so did the off season. Some of the Ducks joined other activities. Luis field and track, Julie the debate team, Connie the drama club, Averman the chess team, Goldberg the cooking club, the Bash Brothers wrestling, and Guy…knitting believe it or not.

We had fun ragging on him for that. But I had to say he was pretty good, he knitted all the girl Ducks a purple and green headband and we wore them proudly. He even knitted a pink hat for Connie, resembling his old green hat which we all had hoped he had forgotten about. No such luck.

We took our finals and enjoyed not having to work so hard on hockey. Even though some (Adam) were still working as hard as they did during the season. Coach had granted us full access to the ice when we wanted it so we used it frequently. We even called him up for games.

At then end of the year all of the Ducks had been ecstatic. Varsity, made mainly of seniors, graduated! Riley and Cole would never torment us again. Only Julie was bummed because Scooter was leaving her for college. They decided to make a long distance relationship work though, for he was going to Princeton.

But the happiness went away as all the out of states Ducks went home as well. So for the past two months all of us Minnesota Ducks banned together to have fun. I swear I saw at least two Minnesota Ducks everyday and I called at least one out of state Duck everyday.

We had kept ourselves busy by playing street hockey in the afternoon and watching the Junior Goodwill Games in the evenings. Yes they were back; our favorite team was Team USA hockey. We watched as they made their way through victory playing tough opponents like Russia and Canada. Their main rival this year was Germany. We all had, had a good laugh when the Iceland team left after their second game.

They had their final game coming up in a few days and all of the Ducks were planning to watch it together. Yes I mean of all of them.

Like tradition all of the out of state Ducks came back at the beginning of August to spend one month with us before school started. Julie was currently staying with me, reading in her room instead of lounging with me.

I sighed as a voice sounded.

"Hey beautiful." I smiled looking up at Adam who was standing right in front of the pool. He was dressed casually in khaki shorts and a green polo shirt, with sandals on his feet.

"Hey handsome." I paddled my floatie over to him and he helped me out of the pool. He wrapped his arms around me and leaned down tenderly kissing me on the lips. I returned it wrapping my arms around his neck.

My parents were off on some cruise for the next two weeks so that had to be the reason he was willing to kiss me. After almost two years of dating he was still afraid to kiss me in front of my parents. Oh well, that's why he's my Adam. I pulled away hugging him.

"What's up?" I felt him shrug as he answered.

"Nothing much, parents are off in Italy for the week, I was bored thought I might come over here and check on you and Jules." I nodded and smiled up at him. My smile vanished as his cell phone went off. He groaned and looked down at it.

"Charlie…figures." He muttered answering it as I mumbled.

"I swear he knows how to ruin our moments." I listened as Adam talked to Charlie.