Chapter 10

My arm hurts like a bitch. I can't open my eyes, and it's irritating me. I feel a gentle pressure on my left hand tingling on my skin.

It doesn't hurt. It's more of a comforting feeling. I don't want it to end.

"I can't believe this happened to you. I'm supposed to protect you, keep you safe and love you forever. I can't loose you. I wouldn't be able to live without you. I don't know how I'm going to explain to you that I am a werewolf. I can't believe I let my sister get me so worked up that you wondered off that far. I can't believe there was a random rouge in our territory. I am so sorry. If you can hear me, please forgive me. I haven't been able to sleep or eat since this happened. I miss you so much. Please wake up soon. I love you."

Droplets start dripping onto my hand. Maddox is crying. I want to cry because I am causing him pain, but I can't.

I can't believe that he saved me. He said he loves me! Do I love him? I know that I like him, but I don't know if I love him, at least yet.

Maddox is a werewolf though. Can I love a werewolf? He did protect me when I thought I was going to die. What's the harm? I like him. He loves me. Why not try it out?

I feel my head getting less heavy, so I try to open my eyes. It's pitch black in the room that I am in. I try to adjust my right arm, but it hurts to much. I hiss from the pain, and Maddox's head pops up off of my hand.

"Oh my god. Are you okay? I'm so sorry. What hurts? Do you need anything? Of course she needs something you dumb ass she's hurt. Wait right here, I'll go get the doctor." He talks really fast and then rushes out of the room, slamming the door behind him. A small laugh escapes my lips as a smile appears on my face. There's the Maddox that I've come to know.

Maddox comes bursting back into the room with someone behind him. "Watch your eyes." The lady says, flicking the light switch on. I moan, snapping my eyes shut.

"Why did you do that you're hurting her! Turn them off!" Maddox starts to freak out.

"Maddox. Maddox! Stop yelling at the poor lady. My eyes are fine. She needs the light on to look at me." I say, opening my eyes and trying to calm him. His head snaps to my face when I say his name the second time. After I'm done talking, he kneels beside the bed and buries his face in my neck inhaling. "It's okay. I'll be alright. You don't need to worry about me."

"How can I not worry about you?! It's my fault that you're hurt! I shou-"

"But you saved me." I say, cutting him off.

"How do you know that was me?" He looks so confused and honestly it so cute. He looks like a lost puppy dog.

"You just said it, and I heard you. I was trying to wake up." 

"Shit! I didn't want you to find out like that, like this. You should be safe. I'm a horrible mate. I'm a horrible alpha. I should be banished." He mutters pacing back and forth in the room. Now that the lights are on, I can see that it's Maddox's room, which makes me smile inside.

"Are you done?" I ask, staring at him blankly.

"You don't think I'm horrible?"

"Maddox, it would be horrible if I was dead. I still have my arm, my life, and I'm right here. Now, shut the hell up and let this lady look at me." I can see that he doesn't like me talking to him like this, but he still does what I say.

"Thank you." I say, reaching my left hand over and holding onto his. This makes him smile and happier. What a lost puppy.

"Miss I'm going to try and move your arm. Please let me know if the pain is too much for you. I stitched you up last night and the stitches look good. I'm sorry to say that this will scar, but at least it looks kinda cool." I nod to her, and she reaches out to my arm.

She starts to lift it, and it's uncomfortable where my skin is bending in my shoulder. I am glad that the wolf left me with my arm. She keeps moving it, and all I feel is discomfort.

"You seem to be healing quite nicely. I have given Maddox a sling for you to wear. Try not to move it too much or else it will make the scars bigger. Have a good day alpha and luna." She bows and then leaves.

"You have some explaining to do mister." I say, turning my head towards him. His head drops, and he looks so disappointed.

"Maddox, look at me." I say softly. His head rises, and he looks like he may cry again. " I'm not mad at you. I just want you to explain this stuff to me. Maddox, I know that I don't love you right now, but that doesn't mean I don't like you and want to give this a try. Please just explain it to me."