Chapter 14

It's been a few weeks since everything happened. My shoulder is just about healed up. I got Maddox to let Tony go. Maddox has been nothing but nice to me. He feels so bad about me getting hurt and the whole situation with Dylan and my parents. I've tired to tell him that everything's okay now, and that's all that matters, but I know he doesn't buy it.

Today is the first day I'm going back to school in person. The teachers have been sending work home with Trevor and Allen for Maddox and I. Apparently most of the people at the school are in the pack so they understood. Maddox would FaceTime one of the guys so we could hear the lesson - well more like I made him cause I'm a nerd. Maddox doesn't really care anout school, but to be honest, I get it. He has a lot of other things to worry about.

"Shorty are you ever going to get off the bike?" Maddox asks, staring at me with with his hands in his pockets.

"How long have we been here?" I ask, snapping out of my trance.

"Like five minutes sweetheart." He smirks, knowing I hate being called that.

"Ew, don't call me that." I say fake gaging.

"Of course wifey. I'm sorry I forgot." He winks at me. He holds out a hand, and I know he wants to carry my book bag. I take it off my back and hand it to him. I take the helmet off and tuck it under my arm after standing up.

"There you go wifey." He says right before the warning bell goes off. "Let's get to the class that made you my wife."

I roll my eyes at him, but latch onto his arm and start walking into the building to personal finance.

I can't believe that this class is the reason we are together. I'm sure that once he realized he was my mate that he would have figured out someway to talk to me, but I'm just going to say it was fate and this dumb class.

I can't believe at the start of this project I thought I would never meet anyone and get married. I know that Maddox and I aren't married right now, but I also know that we will be. Wait, do werewolves get married? In the traditional human sense?

"What's going on in that big brain of yours?" Maddox asks, leaning down and kissing my forehead.

"Do you want to marry me?" I blurt out. "Shit." I mumble once I realize what I said.

Maddox is smiling and laughing so hard. He is bent over, properly laughing.

"Come on that's not what I meant!" I shout, accidentally getting the attention of the other students. I shyly smile at them and nod, making them go back to what they were doing.

"Wh-What did y-you m-mean then?" Maddox asks laughing.

"I meant like do you guys get married or is mating something different?"

"Yes and no shorty," he says, sobering up. "Yes we will have a traditional wedding, if that is what you want. Most wolves do have a wedding cause they enjoy the ceremony and party. Mating is something else entirely love. Mating is something that should be done either the day of the wedding or before - whatever you are comfortable with. The mating process is probably what you've read in most of your little books. I mark you where your neck and shoulder meet while making love to you. But I'm serious shorty, this is all up to you. However fast or slow you want to go, know that I will support you one hundred percent my wifey. I will never leave you, my love. You are my whole world right now." Maddox says holding my hands and staring right into my eyes.

"Maddox, I can't even believe this is all hap— Wait. Right now? What the hell?!" I scream and try to get my hands out of his grip.

"Shorty, stop." He says, but I don't. Tears are streaming down my face, and I'm thrashing around trying to get away from him.

He lets go of my hands but pulls me into his chest. I'm still trying to fight, but I know he's so much stronger than I am.

"My wifey I'm talking about our kids - our pups - our babies. My world will get bigger yes, but you will always be the center if it. You will hold me together and accountable and everything you are supposed to do my love. I didn't mean to upset you shorty. That's the last thing I ever want to do."

Damn, I feel stupid now. I've stopped fighting. I just went limp. Maddox is holding my body into his so that I am still standing.

"Shorty, do you want to go back home?" He whispers in my ear.

I shake my head no. I've been out of school for far too long. I need some things to go back to normal.

"I'm sorry." I say into his chest, but it comes out muffled.

"Shorty, it's all my fault. There's nothing for you to be sorry about. Would you like to go to class now? Get back to some sort of normal for you? I know it's been hard for you lately."

I nod my head, and Maddox releases me from his strong grip. I slip my hand into his and he leads me to the classroom. He opens the door and the teacher looks up.

"You two okay?" He asks. If it was just Maddox, and it was a few months ago, I know he would make a stupid joke about 'Thank you for gracing us with your presence.' Or something to that effect, but ever since I've learned about wolves, a lot of people have been acting different around me - or maybe it's because I'm the Luna. Who knows.

"Yeah. Just a misunderstanding." Maddox says and leads me to our seats in the middle of the room. I think it's so sweet that he knows that I like to sit in the middle, and he makes sure that we do.

Classes drag on for the rest of the day. Maddox signed me and the guys out at lunch, and we went to McDonald's before heading back to school. Of course I got chicken nuggets. He knows the way to my heart - I swear.

"Ready to go home shorty?" Maddox asks, getting the helmets out of my locker.

"Are we going to mine or yours?" I ask.

"Where ever you want wifey." He says shrugging.

"I think we should spend some time with Frank and Kathy. I mean I really haven't been home since you kidnapped me." I laugh.

"Baby I'd kidnap you any day." He says, pulling me in for a kiss. My eyes automatically shut and sparks are flying between us. I can't believe that there is love as perfect as this out there, and that I have it.

Yes, I'm in love with Maddox, but he doesn't know.

As we break apart, my eyes stay closed, but I'm smiling really big.

"I love you." Maddox says, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too, Maddox." I say. I hear a gasp and then a large thump. I open my eyes and Maddox is on the ground passed out.

I roll my eyes and laugh. Typical Maddox.