A Known Face

"ATTENTION EVERYONE"

---I~This is Hiccup's P.O.V~I---

Taylor stood atop a table on the far side of the room, Eret stood on the floor beside her, arms behind his back. All of the people in the hall turned their heads up to the girl, taking final sips of their drinks before giving her their undivided attention.

"We have some newcomers! You may have seen them around last night when they first arrived, and today as we gave them a tour," She continued, murmurs arising from the gathered people.

A hand raised, and Taylor nodded her head towards the woman. "Yes, Helen?"

"Why didn't you announce it last night?" A small wave of 'yeahs' and 'why didn't you' filled the room.

"You know our ways, you all do. And after flying on the back of a dragon for hours, I'm not so sure that Hiccup and Astrid would have liked to be thrown right into meeting all twenty-one of you," Taylor replied, and the crowd nodded.

"Hiccup, Astrid, why don't you go up there?" Zach nudged my side, snapping me out of my thoughts on how this would go. I looked wearily up to Taylor, who was talking to everyone about why we were here and that we would now live here. I cast a glance at Astrid, and she shrugged.

"Better do it before she calls you up. Now that, that is an embarrassing moment," Heather commented. That got me to move. Slowly standing up, Astrid and I walked along the wall over to the table, trying to not be seen. Some people acknowledged us, a look of recognition flashing across an older man's face when he saw me. He looked familiar, but I couldn't figure out who he was.

As we neared the table, Eret noticed us and flagged us over. Coming to stand beside him, Taylor finished up what she was talking about and gazed down on us.

"And here they are! Now, from what I was told, Hiccup is a trained blacksmith, and Astrid has trained with an axe."

The old man had looked up towards me, studying my features. If I'm completely honest, he was starting to creep me out. He slowly shuffled towards the front of the crowd and spoke up with his nasally voice,

"Are you 'Iccup 'Addock?"

I was shocked, to say the least. In the midst of my shock, my head slowly nodded. "H-how did y-you know?" I stuttered out the question.

"Ye don't remember me?" He asked, then added, "I was a friend of ye father's. Before he betrayed me."

This news was shocking. "T-Terrance?" I asked.

"Ai, it's me. I ask ye what your doin out 'ere, ridin a night fury with a beautiful girl," He answered.

"That's a long story," I replied. The older man hummed. Everyone else in the hall was silently watching this conversation. It was a bit unnerving. "How did my father betray you?" Astrid looked like she knew the answer, but I directed the question to Terrance.

He stroked his gray hair. "My boy, your father sold me out to Alvin for stealin the Outcast's gold. Which I didn't do. He's probably mighty worried about why your out here."

I sighed, "He doesn't care. Trust me."

---I~Stoick's P.O.V~I---

I paced back and forth in my son's loft room. He left me. I saw him climb onto that beast, and it carried him away. Just like my wife, my son has been taken by a dragon. A night fury at that.

The day after he had left, I walked out of my house to find paw prints all around the dirt in front of my house. Dragon paw prints. Astrid had disappeared as well. Both of them, gone in the same week, one before the other.

I had figured a dragon took Astrid as well. There were footprints leading from her house into the forest, and when they stopped, there were paw prints there as well. But no blood. They could be dead, or alive. Most likely dead.

I walked into the forge, greeted by Gobber's grim face. He was deeply saddened at Hiccup's sudden leaving. A wave of grief ran over me, but I pushed past it. He chose to be with that beast.

And I could careless.

ANNNNDDDD HI! Sorry I haven't updated lately, exams -.-

What do you guys think about Terrance? And Stoick's behavior? I am slowly making it to the main conflict. Next chapter should be about a few months later, mainly because those 2 months are incredibly boring.

(Hiccstrid is coming soon X3)

Thatrandomdragon is out!