Attack or Retreat?

I~ Hiccup's P.O.V ~I

The moment those words left Taylor's mouth I was confused. Who is this Drago? What ship? What's the sanctuary? Zach seemed to notice my confusion and quickly explained it. 

"Drago is a madman, intent on gaining control over all dragons. He's sent a ship to come give us a fright and to make sure we are here. The sanctuary is a large ice sculpture that is a safe haven for dragons. That's where I've been for the past few days."

I nod in understanding. Taylor rushes out of the room, shouting out orders. Suddenly, I feel myself being shaken back and forth. Regaining my focus, I look to see Astrid looking at me, hands on my shoulders. 

"Did you hear what Taylor just told us to do?" I shake my head, completely confused once more. 

"She ordered us to go destroy that ship."

Now I find myself running towards Toothless, Astrid beside me. Reaching our dragons, we immediately mount them, Astrid taking off as I move my leg into position to help Toothless fly. Pushing the pedal down, Toothless speeds into the sky, quickly overtaking Astrid, propelling himself towards the lone ship that is slowly getting closer to our home. 

As we near the ship, Toothless prepares to fire a plasma blast, and Stormfly prepares to breathe her fire. Toothless fires, send the boat into a rocking mess, and we zoom up into the sky, spinning over and firing again. Stormfly fires single spine shots at the men aboard the ship, striking each one in their chests. Disgusted by the sight, I pull Toothless back up into the sky, before letting him fire the last shot, ultimately sinking the ship. I see Prongs speeding towards us, slowing to a stop right in front of Astrid and me. 

"It was a trick! Although they expected more of us to attack this ship, they've got more coming in from the south! We have to evacuate the island. Get the dragons out of here!" Zach shouts over the wind. I exchanged a glance with Astrid, before we follow Zach back to the edge, quickly collecting important belongings. 

Stuffing our items into our dragon's saddlebags, we rush out into the chaos. Dragons were already flying in the other direction, whilst Taylor and a few others were fighting off some of, what I'm assuming are, Drago's men. As we fly away from the island, I see the fires of the forest off in the distance. We follow Zach for hours until we reach an island, suitable for staying at.

We dismount our dragons, Toothless curling up around me, while Prongs and Stormfly lie on the ground. Zach sits against his stormcutter, staring at his hands that lay in his lap. Astrid joins me, sitting against Toothless's warm side. Zach slowly stands, walking off into the forest, shouting back a feeble, "stay here", as he leaves. He soon comes back, arms full of old, dry wood, and he lays it on the ground. Prongs is quick to fire a quick blast at the wood, lighting a fire.

I've spent hours sitting here, watching the flames dance in the moonlight. Zach is playing with a stick, twirling it around in his fingers, and Astrid has fallen asleep on my shoulder. We haven't seen anyone pass by us. We've only seen the small flock of night furies, presumably headed to the sanctuary. 

* THUD *

The ground shook as something large fell onto the ground. It shook Astrid awake, and Zach's twig was replaced with a sword. The dragon's eyes snapped open, standing up and looking towards the pure white dragon that stood before us. A brown haired figure stood next to it, clothes covered in dark red blood. 

"Taylor..."

"I'm fine Zach."

"It's obvious you aren't."

"It's not my blood. It's other's blood."

"Who's?" I ask as she walks into the light of the fire. The blood is now glistening from the light of the fire. 

"Whoever was unfortunate enough to meet the end of my sword."

The conversation ended there. Astrid let Taylor borrow a pair of her clothes, which she took gladly. Walking off, Taylor changed before walking off to the nearby stream to rinse off her armor and clothes. Laying the wet clothes next to the fire, Taylor sat down against Ender, taking her sword and sharpening it. 

"Sleep, Hiccup." 

I looked up, to see Taylor smiling softly at me. 

"You're tired, sleep. I'll keep watch," she tells me. I shake my head. 

"Who knows how many people you killed in defense to buy time for the dragons and multiple people to get away. You should sleep, you need it," I respond, glancing up at her. This time, she shakes her head. 

"Stop being stubborn and sleep. I know you were working late in that forge of yours last night, you will sleep. I'm awake enough to spot anything or anyone trying to attack us," She replies, her tone leaving no room for argument. Grunting, I slide down into a lying position, my back rubbing against Astrid's sleeping figure and quickly drift into a state of unconsciousness. 

I~ Taylor's P.O.V ~I 

I watched Hiccup as he slipped into the dream realm, his eyes closing and his chest slowly rising and falling. The peaceful sounds of the forest filled the air, fire crackling, air being exhaled. The sound of trickling water and crickets, wind through leaves, the occasional howl of a wolf. 

I sigh. I can feel the weight of the ones I killed today. The ones who were killed. As far as I know, only Heather, Zach, Eret, Astrid, Hiccup, Kieran, and I are the only ones left from the Edge. I'm thinking Kat as well, but she was nowhere to be found.

My head shoots up at the sound of a snapping branch. I see three silhouettes in the distance of the clearing. Ender's head whips up, staring into the distance. She grumbles, before falling back into sleep. The figures approach, showing larger, dragon-shaped, silhouettes behind them. I stare questioningly at them, gripping the handle of my sword tightly. Regardless of Ender's quick descent back into slumber, I'm not known to be very trusting, regardless if it's my dragon sister practically begging me to trust them. 

Their figures come into the dim firelight, and I instantly relax. Dropping back to the floor, I look up to see Eret's softly smiling figure, Heather's slouchy tired state, and Kieran's alert figure. 

"At ease Kieran," I say jokingly, but slightly meaningful. Kieran's form instantly relaxes, setting down his bow. Eret comes to rest beside me, stripping off his bloodied armor, only to leave him in his gray shirt and black pants. Heather slumps up against her night fury, Shade, who has taken refuge beside Stormfly. Kieran takes a seat next to Zach, who is still snoring against his dragon. 

"What will we be doing now?"

"I cannot answer that question tonight... but maybe I can tomorrow. Sleep for now," I reply, curling up in between my dragon and Eret. Kieran faintly mumbles, "I'll keep the first watch" before I drift off into a well-deserved slumber. 

YO YO YO HI HOW ARE YOU ALL!?!?!

Yeah, I'm good too. But forget about that, I UPDATED! . does happy dance. Thank you all for 1.3k viewssss ahhhh I'm so happy XP

I hope you enjoyed this long chapter and I hope to update again soon :)

Peace!

-Thatrandomdragon