2 | Layla

Quick note... Mason is on the sidebar>>>

I picture her to look sort of like Lilly Collins mixed with Taylor Hill... so I will be using them for any edits I make and stuff.

Anywhooo enjoy ;) xx

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

After getting everything I need, I head back down toward my new house -well, at least new to me.

Once I painted and set up my furniture, I'm sure it would start to feel more like a home, and less just like a house.

Listening to the strange guy at the hardware store, I'd decided to go with the blue. It's a very light shade, but I know that an entire wall of the color would look darker than a small swatch.

Along with the paint, I bought a roller, one of those pan things to put the paint in and tape for around the doorframe and windows.

I knew my dad probably has these things somewhere, but I don't want to have to dig through half the moving van to find it. I figured finding a tarp to put down would be the easiest thing to find.

Passing by houses on the street, I started to wonder who lived here or there. Each house was unique and had it's own appeal. I thought the one next door is very quaint, but looks more run down than even our house.

"How'd you do?" My dad asks as he sees me coming up the path.

"Good. Think you can find a tarp, though?"

"Yeah, I'll bring it up to you once I find it." He says as he picks up another box to take inside.

"Ok, thanks."

I head up the steps, surprised to find Layla in my room.

"Hey." I stay slightly cautious.

Layla tended to be a firecracker--or more like unstable dynamite. Despite being quite a few years younger than me, she carried herself like an adult. It was rare, however, that she showed the maturity level of a girl her age, let alone someone older than me.

Layla is pretty and she knows it. She's selfish and doesn't care.

"Why are you in my room?" She sits on the windowsill and stares off at the trees in the yard.

"It's mine." I correct her. "I claimed it first."

She sighs. Still doesn't at me. "Too bad. It's mine now."

I ignore her childishness and set down my painting supplies next to the box I brought up earlier, clearly marked as mine.

She knows I want this room, which was of course the only reason why she wants it.

"Here's that tarp." My dad comes in with a large tarp folded over his arm just as I'm about to snap at Layla to get out.

I thank him before he helps me unfold it, lay it out on the floor, and move the few of my things out of the way.

The tarp is just the right size.

"Is Layla going to help you?"

I glance over at her to see she is still looking out the window and I shrug, knowing she won't.

"Well you girls have fun. I'll bring up the last few boxes of yours and put them out here in the hall."

"Ok, thanks, dad." I say before he walks down the hall again.

"What are you doing?" Layla suddenly asks.

I'm surprised to see she is looking at me instead of the yard, what didn't surprise me was her gaze of pure aggravation, one eyebrow raised and her arms crossed.