6 | mysterious

I walk into my room before shutting the door and locking it to prevent anyone from bothering me.

My head is spinning and now that I don't have those green eyes distracting me, I come to a full realization of what just happened as I pace back and forth in my room.

Kissing Harry was a mistake, right? We've hardly known eachother for more that two weeks.

I run my fingers through my hair before I stop, facing the window that overlooks the backyard.

But do I even care about that?

I run my fingers over my lips, remembering his soft ones and his minty taste.

I used to think I had myself together. I used to think I would always know exactly what I was feeling and what to do about it. But, with Harry it was different.

With emotions swirling and mixing together beyond recognition, I don't have a clue what all this means. I have nothing close to a clue as to how I should handle this.

"What do I do?" I breathe my thoughts aloud.

Dropping my hands from my hair, I turn toward the window that faces Harry's house.

As if looking at the place where all of that just happened could help me make more sense of it.

And, as if he was thinking the same thing, he appears a moment later in the window I saw him in before.

Almost directly across the short expanse of grass from my window, there he is. A smirk on his lips as he is the one to catch me this time.

He holds up a finger and before I can process what he's doing he's back, something in his hand.

A notebook?

He takes a marker, holding the cap in his teeth as he concentrates on whatever he is doing before turning it so I can see.

Hii xx

I laugh before looking around for a notebook of my own. A moment later I find one in a stack of books I have yet to organize on my bookshelf, and I find a marker on my desk.

Miss me already? I turn it so he can see.

He bites his lip before writing his answer, not releasing the pink flesh from his perfect teeth until the page is turned to me.

More than you can imagine. Before I can answer he's already writing something else. Go on a date with me tonight?

This is crazy...

I contemplate for a moment, my marker hovering over the paper.

I don't have anything better to do, I think to myself.

I tell myself that's the reason for the words I write. Of course.

He doodles a somewhat sloppy yet adorable smiley face which makes me laugh.

What time? 

He thinks for a moment before writing. seven.

I nod with a smile spreading across my face, and he smiles back at me.

"Mason?" A voice pulls me back to reality from our silent exchange.

I glance at my closed door. "Yeah?"

"Can we talk?" It's Carol.

"About what?"