25 | nervous

So fun fact... I had my first car accident today (Sunday).

I went around a curve that was slippery from rain and fish-tailed into a ditch about 8 feet deep and totaled my car. They said I'm lucky it didn't flip. But get this, the stupid airbags didn't even deploy. I'm okay though and it's literally a miracle I'm completely unhurt.

Just wanted to let you lovies know what's going on with me. And if any of you drive please please please be careful. It is so easy and only takes a second to end up like I did.

Drive safe. All the love.

-Lena xx

*-*-*-*

6:15

Nerves set in.

6:56

Excuses self from dinner table.

7:02

Paces across bedroom floor.

7:05

Gets sick in the bathroom.

7:16

Contemplates options.

7:27

Decides there is only one.

--

I pull on my boots with shaky fingers. Without much thought, I slip a small canister of pepper spray inside the calf. I lock my bedroom door and shut off the light before crossing to the window and throwing it open.

The air is still and eerie. Everything is too quiet as I carefully climb out onto the closest branch.

I don't think about where I need to be in twenty minutes. I don't think about what will probably happen to me there. I focus on the task at hand. One branch at a time.

It is the only way I will keep from falling apart. I know there is a very large chance I could die tonight.

But like I said before, fear wakes me up, it doesn't shut me down.

I jog down the street at quarter to eight. Go over my plan in my head over and over. Reaching the old rusty gate with a few minutes to spare.

It squeaks open as I step through, memories of the last time I was here flashing through my head. My eyes sting with the thought that I may die here and never see Harry again.

"Hello?" I call out. "I'm here."

My breath fogs into a thick white mist in the cold air despite it being mid March. I listen for any sort of sign that anyone else is around. But there is nothing.

I check my watch to see I'm still one minute early. "I came alone like you asked." I nearly yell. "So show yourself."

Nothing.

Crossing my arms, I start to think maybe this was a prank. Check my watch again. Watch as it ticks to eight.

Nothing.

I sigh, a bit frustrated and, quite frankly, terrified.

And then everything happends so fast. Arms wrap around my waist, something is pulled over my head. I scream. I kick. But it's like I knew this was coming. I'm ready.

I'm ready to die.

"Quit kicking you little bitch before I shoot you in the fucking face." I don't recognize this voice, but it is low and most definitely male.